• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

So it's the BRAKES!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Come on, in what world do two oranges not weigh more than ten slices of bread?!

That's my biggest takeaway.

Also, I'd probably love the bread that made the "two orange weight cut"....

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Because, with a name like Pogačar and living in Monaco, he's obviously eating ...Vollkornbrot?
All I know is, if @Tom K. took 10 slices of Tadej's Vollkornbrot from his Monaco penthouse and dropped it off the balcony, it'd go straight through the windshield of the Lambo parked in the No Parking zone right below!! :roflmao:

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
Did anyone here watch Wout van Aert bring home the bacon for Primoz Roglic at the Paris - Nice finale? The guy sets the pace all day, wins the TT and carries his team leader home for the win. What can't he do on a bicycle?

James

Out There
Instructor
Come on, in what world do two oranges not weigh more than ten slices of bread?!
In the quality bread world.

10 slices would probably be half a loaf.

A small loaf is about 1.5lbs, 680 gms
So say 340 gms. That isn’t adding fruit and it’s also high water content bread. There are much denser breads.

Oranges seem to weigh about 190gms with peel. So two is 380. Minus the peels prob 300.

It’s easy to eat two oranges. Ten of those slices is harder and would be a meal.

Ok, back to the arcana.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
I'd love to read the entire article, however it feels like the headline is misleading. More may be explained in the body of the text that I cannot see. UCI says that the minimum weight for a road bike is 6.8 kilos. To my knowledge, every brand's pro level road bike, with discs, hits that mark. Using discs allows for a less robust rim sidewall, allowing lower rotating weight where it counts the most. Not huge in climbing. Huge in sprints.

So yeah. You ride rim brakes which might drop 150g. Then your mechanic adds lead strips to the downtube to meet UCI specs. Where's the weight savings?

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I was being sarcastic. It's like when Brabham was walking around with a towel over the differential for their car to distract from the aero diffuser they were pioneering... :ogbiggrin: