• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

So ... who's getting weirdly excited about 2023 LMh and LMDh racing?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
In a lot of ways, I think it will be *better* than F1. And, of course there will be more manufacturers,

The graph to explain why it could be awesome (credit Buchan Autosport):

1667498235097.png

And, of course, Ferrari shows us what a bunch of pre-2021-F1 engineers can do when seconded to an LMH team:

And, yes, the 24 hours of Daytona is only 86 days away. Anyone wanna call Netflix and tell them to get ON this?

Last edited:

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
LMH and other prototype races lately have been handicapped by lack of mfg participation. Like one mfg goes whole hog to win and the rest are not existent. Like Audi diesel or Toyota hybrid. If there is more widespread buy in and less amateur drivers it would be better I think.

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
LMH and other prototype races lately have been handicapped by lack of mfg participation.

I'd say this is a promising start.

List of manufacturers racing in WEC and IMSA 2023 with an LMDh or LMH:​

ManufacturerCar typeWEC (Hypercar class)IMSA (GTP class)
ToyotaLMHYesNo
GlickenhausLMH (non-hybrid)UnconfirmedUnconfirmed
PeugeotLMHYesNo
FerrariLMHYesNo
PorscheLMDhYesYes
CadillacLMDhYesYes
AcuraLMDhNoYes
BMWLMDhYes (2024)Yes
ByKolles / VanwallLMH (non-hybrid)UnconfirmedNo
LamborghiniLMDhYes (2024)Yes (2024)
AlpineLMDhYes (2024)No

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Toyota and Peugeot were already in LMH. Hopefully they continue with some level of competition. The Daytona class had more mfgs. Again, I hope there is money there. Those are great classes and crossover between IMSA and LMH is welcome. We'll see. Fingers crossed.

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Yeh, I loved how Peugeot triggered all the rear wing lovers into cataplexy. Funny how that downforce to drag rule metric works.

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
Me me me! Little bummed Audi won't be in due to their F1 commitments but excited to see the other manufactures duke it out.

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Me me me! Little bummed Audi won't be in due to their F1 commitments but excited to see the other manufactures duke it out.

Yeh, not sure about that excuse, after all Ferrari are doing both F1 and a full hybrid protype ;)

One of the things I am rather excited about is the new allowance for fastcharging a hybrid during a driver change - that is going to be a technology driver for fast charge development, at least with the LMH teams.

In the mean time, here is some noise:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not much of a car racing guy, but hasn't it been 20 years or so for Cadillac?!

I must have something wrong.

Sponsor

Staff online