• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Softer snow "forgiving" ski

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I really wanted to try the Enforcer 115 (which my son did buy) but at 191, it's just too long for my weight.

I keep hearing rumors of a 186....I'd buy a pair in a heartbeat.

TS
T

The Retired Skier

Getting on the lift
Skier
Was on my qst 92 this morning and I am always surprised how versatile they are. Did great in pow and wind blown thundersnow.

Surprised the OP hasnt pulled a trigger yet. But as a guy over 2 bills myself,
I dont think there is any real risk of the OP overpowering any of the ski in this discussion in an appropriate length. These skis are all suitable for charging in resort crud. If your an intermediate skier and skiing in soft snow... These skiers typically ski low to moderate speeds with lots of turns. And at these speeds your not overpowering really any 10x ski out there in 185+ lenght even if your a bigger guy. Speed is much more important than weight for over powering a ski.

I ended up buying the Nordica Enforcer 104 Free with Tyrolia Attack 14GW bindings.

I am pretty much committed to getting some new harder snow skis next year, and the Enforcer 88 and 94 are at the top of the list, along with the Salomon Stance 90. One or two others might work their way into that discussion over the next several months (and ideas??) but that is the starting list.

Thank for all the help!
I went ahead and got the Nordica Enforcer 104 Free. It seemed to be the best blend of being forgiving and easy to ski in soft snow at low speeds while also being stable and powerful enough to charge a bit for a guy my size.

Sponsor

Staff online