• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Solar Cargo Box - The Apollo by Packasport

Packasport

Packasport
Skier
Manufacturer
Hi Pugski Community - Packasport is launching a new product this fall called The Apollo.

For the Apollo, we modified our largest cargo box, the System 115, and installed the latest technology by our partner, Zamp Solar.
The Apollo is being designed to meet the needs of those that need both storage and power.

We are competing in Riptide, a local Shark Tank type of event in New York.
Packasport made it to the semi-finals! Now, we need votes to get to the Final Four.

Please take a moment to comment below my video as comments count as a vote.
The Packasport link is below:
https://www.i-hamptons.com/riptide-packasport

Looking forward to seeing you out on the road.
Many thanks!

IMG_1608.JPG Slick n solar.JPG IMG_1493.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Really like the graphic in the first photo.
What is the power from the solar panel for? EV batteries? Don't think my phone need that much juice. :D

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Like the look, and personally love fiberglass over standard ABS plastic but noted in my own search 6 yrs ago that many racks and vehicles top out at around 165/175 lbs total. That posed a decision for me in opting for lighter box given I'd be carrying 7/8 pairs of skis ..

I have an Explorer and was a bit on the shocked end that they rate their rack (not the crossbars) really low ... which for me I attribute to simply being over cautious or trying to keep center of mass lower, but still pretty low and my need to opt ABS.

Anyhow, with your boxes on the heavier side (while more rigid) .. there may be folks who need to consider the delta in mass. Course all things are a trade off.

nice looking box though and great possible solution for the Van life folk.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Like the look, and personally love fiberglass over standard ABS plastic but noted in my own search 6 yrs ago that many racks and vehicles top out at around 165/175 lbs total. That posed a decision for me in opting for lighter box given I'd be carrying 7/8 pairs of skis ..

I have an Explorer and was a bit on the shocked end that they rate their rack (not the crossbars) really low ... which for me I attribute to simply being over cautious or trying to keep center of mass lower, but still pretty low and my need to opt ABS.

Anyhow, with your boxes on the heavier side (while more rigid) .. there may be folks who need to consider the delta in mass. Course all things are a trade off.

nice looking box though and great possible solution for the Van life folk.
The first thing that came to mind when I started reading your post was that it was also a concern for us. The second thought was....7/8 skis, that's cute. Try hauling 30 + for demos ;)

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I suspect that the load ratings on roof racks are so low because of crash safety, not because of overloading in everyday use.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We have had up to 30 pairs of skis (w/o bindings) averaging about 10lb/pair plus the weight of the box on the top of the Yukon with multiple trips to Colorado...weight or instability hasn't been an issue.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I just went through the list of others in the voting process. Currently Packasport has the second highest votes.
Keep it coming!

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The first thing that came to mind when I started reading your post was that it was also a concern for us. The second thought was....7/8 skis, that's cute. Try hauling 30 + for demos ;)

braggarts!!!

wish I had your problem ... but as noted, I think a lot has to do more with the change in COG on a vehicle verses actual load bars.

works in skiing, cars too. Noted my Explorer has a lower than most limit .. it sits a bit higher and after their earlier issues in the 90's with roll overs, whether tires or vehicle it seems to me they're a bit more cautious.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
The solar box is clearly aimed at RVers who struggle to find enough RV roof space for fan vents, fridge vents, A/C, storage boxes, and solar panels.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Bump. This campaign is in the final stretch.
Get in there and vote!

Sponsor

Staff online