• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Some new additions to the SkiTalk long term test fleet. Blossom, Kastle, Liberty, Rossignol content.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
In todays environment of supply issues manufacturers have been struggling to fill orders and that includes gettng test produst to the media. We have earned our way onto the short list of many of the brands so product has been arriving. When, not if, we get snow here in Tahoe we will be getting some long term reviews of the following skis mounted up and on snow ...

tempImageOTAogL.png

Blossom
Numero Uno N*1 Lady, we got this one in a shorter 159 cm to get some views from our smaller testers. Stay tuned.
Numero Uno N*1 RC, we changed this one up a bit too and ordered it with the Vist Speedlock plate verses the more consumer oriented Speedcom. Lets see how our testers like the better transmission of power
Turbo AM77, We plan on just added to the accolades that hacve been piled on this perennial favorite going back to when it was the Whiteout.
Formula Pure 99, A new name but the same understated 99 mm premium offering.

tempImagenRAvz2.png

Kastle
PX81, this is a ski that was the surpise of our testing last season, we are excited to get to spend more time on this all new 81mm Kastle.
FX96 Vogue, Kastle has been tweaking and updating this collection over the years.
FX96Ti, IMHO, this is the best of both the previous 94mm and 95 mm versions of the FX's. Lets see if I can prove myself right after we spend more time on these.

tempImagecLeHOD.png

Liberty
Evolv 90w, Not your everyday wallflower "Pink it and shrink it" ski, the Evolv 90w will take down most guys.
Evolv 100, The Evolv 100 has become one of the reference 100mm skis, when the word "power" is brought into the discussion.
Genesis 101. Liberty is doubling down on the success of the Genesis name and now offering a 101 to split the 96 and 106. Will new 101 suffer from middle child syndrome? Check back in.

IMG_6317.jpeg

Rossignol
Experience 86Ti, this is an all new ski from Rossi, we expect it to be still as good as out initial impressions from last Spring.
Experience 82Ti, the narrower sister to the 86Ti, but just as strong.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
:yahoo:

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be really curious to see what @Tricia thinks about the Genesis when she can get it in deeper snow. (The 106 reviews were based on hard snow conditions IIRC).

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'll be really curious to see what @Tricia thinks about the Genesis when she can get it in deeper snow. (The 106 reviews were based on hard snow conditions IIRC).
Yeah, I've skied two different Genesis the 106 and 96. Both times were not ideal conditions.
That's where having something in the long term test fleet makes sense. I can get on it in the right conditions (Do you hear me ULLR??)
...and potentially get more SkiTalk members on these skis when we happen to meet up.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Numero Uno N*1 RC, we changed this one up a bit too and ordered it with the Vist Speedlock plate verses the more consumer oriented Speedcom. Lets see how our testers like the better transmission of power
Turbo AM77, We plan on just added to the accolades that hacve been piled on this perennial favorite going back to when it was the Whiteout.
Now I am questioning myself. I was planning on putting on the Vist Speedlock on the N*1 RC and the Speedcom on the AM77 ...but I just realized I have an extra Marker Piston Plate and X-Comp 16, so, should I put them on the N*1 RC and the Speedlock on the AM77 or stay as I originally planned. Any input from the peanut gallery?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Are you tuning those Kastles before you ski them?
Everything will get checked. The Kastles we got on back east last year were some early skis, I got on them later out here, much better. I will be checking them.

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
Now I am questioning myself. I was planning on putting on the Vist Speedlock on the N*1 RC and the Speedcom on the AM77 ...but I just realized I have an extra Marker Piston Plate and X-Comp 16, so, should I put them on the N*1 RC and the Speedlock on the AM77 or stay as I originally planned. Any input from the peanut gallery?
Send me one of the plate systems so I can mount them on my RC's and go with the original plan :) Currently have the SpeedCom and I like them but wondering, what if.....For real though, It would probably best to have 1 version of each. RC gets Speedlock bc the other pair has SpeedCom. Do the opposite of what your current Whiteouts have (Raceplate vs SpeedCom).

Last edited:

Premier Skis

Distributor of Lusti skis
SkiTalk Sponsor
Just my opinion FWIW: I prefer the Speedlock systems personally because I prefer skiing on groomed terrain as @Philpug has observed on skis up to the width of the AM77. As someone who really loves getting higher edge angles, the Speedlock plate really works for me. On the other hand, the Speedcom system works great for those skiers who aren't as obsessed as I am and ski in variable conditions and looking for greater versatility. While we generally buy Blossoms flat and then pair the bindings to the skier based upon their preference, Blossom usually matches the No.1 RC and AM77 with the Speedcom when selling as a system with pretty good success as evidenced here:

©AlessandroBelluscio_BlossomSkis-0973.jpg

Cheers!
Mike

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am looking forward to hearing that the 99 is not quite right.

As a bonafide fanboy of the OG Enforcer, my wallet is afraid to come too close to these.

Very afraid! :geek: