• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Some nice powder stoke at JH...

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
OMG...that is awesome. I really believe JH is the Mecca for big mtn POW skiing...at least in our country.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Someone was skiing alongside her to take that video.
How does a skier do that?
Is there a way to take such a video without continuously looking in the viewfinder?

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My ski buddies are out there. They have been doing all back country hikes with car assist at the Teton Pass and with tram assist up in Cody Bowl and all that side country. They have been sending me powder pics and videos all week.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
That was great camera work. Steady and centered. Who was the female voice? With you or just near by.

Sweet

JHust

Putting on skis
Skier
That was great camera work. Steady and centered. Who was the female voice? With you or just near by.

Sweet
If you wanted to know who the skier was its listed on the Instagram post as Madison Rose.
Screenshot_20210207-122358_Chrome.jpg

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
A most impressive maybe helmet mounted on snowboarder GoPro stabilized video, that defines the term "BLOWER" powder.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
But he would have had to have his head turned to the side all the way down, for the most part.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
And of course, we chose to make Friday our day off to drive from Big Sky to JH. That being said, without someone to guide us, I'm not sure I'd have known where to even go to get on the mountain. I'm guessing most of the steeper terrain was closed for much of the day for avy control? That pitch she's skiing in the video does not appear super steep. (I would have loved it.)

Still lots of fluff everywhere on the mountain at JH yesterday. We stuck to the north end, and despite only have reported 3 inches overnight, the "groomers" were skiing a hell of a lot deeper than that. Maybe they weren't actually groomed after the storm, I don't know. I never did check the grooming report. We just went and skied. Same thing at Big Sky--report was 4 inches, skied more like 8-10 on the groomers. I'm beginning to think my local mountain fudges their snow totals... :P

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
It's been at least 7 or 8 years since I've had a run like that. She was just ecstatic and squealing with joy. Thanks for posting.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
@AmyPJ - looks like Grand to me, not a super steep groomer by JH standards, but good sustained pitch down to Sublette from Thunder.

Sponsor

Staff online