• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Specialized Layoffs

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Wait a couple more years, there will be plenty of second hand disc 700C wheels. That’s when I’ll be buying the frame.

(I thought I was going to buy a full bike this summer. But didn’t find anything I like in terms of price vs function)
Yeah I don't have that luxury. So I'll keep scouring to see what's out there .. March is quickly approaching..

bitflogger

Putting on skis
Skier
I wouldn't mind one bit. I like the idea of Ti bike very much and for sure will buy one sometime in the future.
As for steel my heart is already taken by the beautiful masterpieces of Dario. Pegoretti that is.
You just cannot imagine how much I want a disk brakes Round in Ciavette.
It's not about the Ti. It's about having front center>>700 mm without a super slack HTA.

Get the wheel in front of your beak without flop, ya know?
Get your ti bike and it is about the ti if you choose the correct bike.

The high end plastic bikes from big and most makers limit your sizing and fit options let alone tune the ride same time they get really expensive. Most all the ti bikes I tried seemed to be a same or similar OEM tube set vs the mix of diameters and sleeves my Moots has. There's no press fit and soft threads f*ckry with a good ti frame. The no worries or chip paint is nice.

I confess there was some shock when I first took the plunge but now with 2 seasons on a Routt 45 there are no regrets. I was happy to get rid of my traditional road bike and others.

Closer to topic, I'll be watching for layoffs close to home with Trek, Pacific, Saris and others here.

Sponsor

Staff online