• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows 2020-21 Winter Operations Update

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows 2020-21 Winter Operations Update

From Ron Cohen, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows President and Chief Operating Officer.

“Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows intends to serve its guests without a reservation system. Pass holders will continue to have the best and most flexible access to the resort. We plan to manage general visitation by temporarily eliminating the sale of “walk up” tickets at the window, and dynamically controlling the sale of advance purchase tickets. At this time, we expect such tickets to primarily be available midweek, but we will remain flexible as we learn more throughout the season.”

“Our priorities right now are providing space for social distancing at our two mountains, and remaining flexible in the face of the inevitable changes to come throughout the season. While elements of the resort experience will be different this season, the experience of skiing and snowboarding itself remains the same. Skiing has always had at its center the incredible personal freedom one experiences while engaged in the sport, balanced against the personal responsibility of sharing the slopes with everyone else. This year more than ever, our guests will need to carry both sides of that equation with them, so that everyone can have the best possible experience within a Covid-modified environment. That feeling of freedom in the outdoors is something we are all craving now more than ever. We look forward to making that happen for our guests this coming season.”

“Every corner of our business is totally immersed in preparing for this special season. We will continue to communicate as we have more concrete information available.”

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My two key take aways...
  • "At this time..."
  • "...we will remain flexible as we learn more throughout the season.”
And I appreciate...
  • "We will continue to communicate as we have more concrete information available.”

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I thought @Alexzn would pop into this thread.
Not at all what we imagined when VR announced their plans.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
I would:). This was a very unexpected and a very nice surprise. It is really nice to see Alterra prioritizing its passholders, I am sure it buys a lot of local goodwill. A surprising thing is that they more or less cut off casual weekend skiers from the equation (the announcement says that advanced day ticket sales are expected to be midweek days). That should translate to less people on weekend powder days, although probably not much less and definitely not on the lifts where it actually matters. I am really curious what the lodge policy will be, I cannot imagine them being able to maintain any social distancing in a place like Dave's or at WF.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Truckee Tahoe radio (101.5) will be simulcasting a meeting between North Lake Tahoe Ski Resorts and the local business community regarding safety plans for the coming season, on Thursday at 1 pm. No idea how much information that will provide.
I'm happy to hear about Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows plans noted above. Now if we could just fast forward through fire season and into winter.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January