• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold Stöckli Laser AX 175 and Laser AX 154 with XM 13 Bindings

TS
D

dcoral

Putting on skis
Skier
So what did you think about them?

Very easy to ski on the Laser AX in any condition, although I prefer the longer length, longer radius skis that I also tried. The Laser AX is a kind of do-it-all ski, and I am realizing that I am enjoying more of the GS racing specialty skis vs. shorter turn radius.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
Man, is that a camera trick or is the binding mount point really the far back on the ski??

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
You might want to mention what boot sole length (BSL) these were mounted for, so that people can tell if they would require a remount or not.

Man, is that a camera trick or is the binding mount point really the far back on the ski??

Probably perspective, but yeah it looks strange. Were they mounted "on the line", i.e. the manufacturer's recommended mount point?

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You might want to mention what boot sole length (BSL) these were mounted for, so that people can tell if they would require a remount or not.

Probably perspective, but yeah it looks strange. Were they mounted "on the line", i.e. the manufacturer's recommended mount point?
More pics on ebay show that they’re both mounted w demo bindings

I don’t know about this particular ski, but the standard AX mount point always looked pretty far back to me, It’s only exacerbated on the 154 because of how little ski there is to start with.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
More pics on ebay show that they’re both mounted w demo bindings

I don’t know about this particular ski, but the standard AX mount point always looked pretty far back to me, It’s only exacerbated on the 154 because of how little ski there is to start with.
These AXs have the Warden System binding that Stockli pairs with the ski so BSL can be easily adjusted. I have this ski and love it. Will also say that this system binding surprised and impressed me. Curious though is the OP only trying to sell on Ebay as typically this forum is a great way to reach the target audience of skiers who know what a ski like this is worth, most of the time we sell direct to each other and avoid Ebay fees and taxes ... just saying :)

TS
D

dcoral

Putting on skis
Skier
These AXs have the Warden System binding that Stöckli pairs with the ski so BSL can be easily adjusted. I have this ski and love it. Will also say that this system binding surprised and impressed me. Curious though is the OP only trying to sell on Ebay as typically this forum is a great way to reach the target audience of skiers who know what a ski like this is worth, most of the time we sell direct to each other and avoid Ebay fees and taxes ... just saying :)

I'll make a special offer to the forum. I had listed on eBay when I was at Park City (not enough time to login to the forum during the trip). Currently I have a "Buy it now" price on eBay for $1380 + $75 shipping. I will sell to forum members for $1180 and free shipping if there are no bids yet (once there are bids I have to let the auction proceed). Same price both skis. From the proceeds I will make a $25 donation to the skitalk forum.

Last edited:
TS
D

dcoral

Putting on skis
Skier

It's the camera fisheye effect. In order to take a picture of the entire ski from close-up I had to use the fisheye camera setting, while standing above it, distorts the perspective of the bottom of the ski. The binding is set normal, I drove to an experienced Stockli dealer for mounting.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
I'll make a special offer to the forum. I had listed on eBay when I was at Park City (not enough time to login to the forum during the trip). Currently I have a "Buy it now" price on eBay for $1380 + $75 shipping. I will sell to forum members for $1180 and free shipping if there are no bids yet (once there are bids I have to let the auction proceed). Same price both skis. From the proceeds I will make a $25 donation to the skitalk forum.
If I did not already own the exact same ski this would be tempting. 175 is my length and hard to find these days as inventory is limited. For those unfamiliar with the ski here is a link to Powder7 who still has it in stock, SkiEssentials and a lot of other shops are completely sold out.

$1180 seems like a decent price for this years skis given that this setup currently retails for $1529 plus tax.

@dcoral can you post some pics of the bases and the edges.

TS
D

dcoral

Putting on skis
Skier
How do I change the icon prefix to Sold? When I click on edit, it won't let me change anything in the headline. The 175 sold to someone in Honolulu Hawaii. Maybe there is good skiing on the Mauna Kea volcano right now.