• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Stockli Laser AX vs AR

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
What’s the grey Atomic next to the G9?
Btw, aren’t those Quatros in there? If so, those aren’t those the answers to “what doesn’t belong?”
Dark Grey Atomic is the X9i (WB) caruba wood core special version of the X9i, was Euro and Japan market only for 19/20, but I think it is available for US market in 21/22?

I don’t have a Quattro ... I have two Bonafides and two Brahmas, including both 20/21 updates.

All of those skis in the second photo are skis I am not currently skiing on in Europe, and due to go to family’s Tahoe place when I can get back over the Atlantic.

Last edited:

AndréL

Booting up
Skier
Thought of something that would help me alot with the AX vs AR decision. Let me paint a picture of a day.

You start the day on a few beautifully prepared low to mid angle groomed runs, the snow is softish so you are just trenching run after run with varying turn shapes but always at speed. Then you move runs and find a nice stash of 3" wind blow on the edges and ski that awhile. You move to the steep groomed runs where the soft snow is mostly skied off so that it is hard, not quite ice. Nevertheless you rip the runs in big GS turns top to bottom, the thought of speed checks never enter your mind. Finally you notice that the rope just dropped on that headwall thats been closed all week. There is 4" to 6" over small to middle sized bumps so you ski that a few times. Nice day, 20,000 vertical, time for lunch.

For those that have skied both what ski would you have rather been on, AX or AR?
Having gotten the ARs last week, I think this pretty much describes the ski. Really shines with speed and snow piles. It’s definitely an athletic ski to work.
It’s a sports car with 4x4. Think WRX STi.

Sponsor

Staff online