• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dave g

Booting up
Skier
Anyone been on the FIS version of The 2018 Stockli Laser SX? Wondering what the difference is between the FIS and non-FIS versions, other than turn radius and available lengths. Dave

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone been on the FIS version of The 2018 Stockli Laser SX? Wondering what the difference is between the FIS and non-FIS versions, other than turn radius and available lengths. Dave
I have that version of the SX FIS in 185. The FIS is a little harder to bend and more demanding and slower at initiation but quicker, skinnier at least at the tip and still pretty accessible. The heavier you are the more accessible. I'm 187. The non FIS is pretty nice, you don't give up that much and it's a little more user friendly but you won't have quite as much power or quickness, the shape is more recreational. Both terrific skis.

flbufl

Getting on the lift
Skier
If you wonder this, chances are the non-FIS version will fit you better.

If you must get a pair of FIS race skis, get the FIS Laser SL first.

Wondering what the difference is between the FIS and non-FIS versions, other than turn radius and available lengths

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Kind of thread drift, but might be interesting, These are the real deal, not sold to anybody, real WC issue, from three seasons ago. See this pic pre-mounting. Tremendous ski, built for one purpose.....racing WC skiercross. It's loaded with metal and rubber. Incredibly damp, but still quick. It makes beautiful turns, but sure doesn't like to be bent into short SL skis radius turns. It will respond to seriously standing on the outside ski, which is understandable give the nature of SX: needing occasionally to get out of trouble, fast. Our son is a brute, and former sub 25 point GS skier, and he had no fun trying to work this into a consistent small shape. Doesn't really want to do it. However, if you have some buffed and open spaces, even more fun with some rollovers and breakers and rolling terrain, with no friends, these are just an incredible ride. If you want to just ski a ski that literally eats up terrain, this works. A lot like a really nice real deal GS ski, but more fun in many respects. Seeing the right pilot ski this at real GS speed and turn shapes, through a mogul field is pretty eye popping. Wow.

Don't be swayed by the topsheet's size and radius. Yes a bit bigger than 27M, and a bit longer than 193cm. Not a 195cm, though. BTW, not my tuning room, so not my other skis, HaHa. I was just there for the mounting. And to witness some skiing a few days later. Still hoping to steal these. Maybe a Christmas gift??

IMG_1434.jpg

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Kind of thread drift, but might be interesting, These are the real deal, not sold to anybody, real WC issue, from three seasons ago. See this pic pre-mounting. Tremendous ski, built for one purpose.....racing WC skiercross. It's loaded with metal and rubber. Incredibly damp, but still quick. It makes beautiful turns, but sure doesn't like to be bent into short SL skis radius turns. It will respond to seriously standing on the outside ski, which is understandable give the nature of SX: needing occasionally to get out of trouble, fast. Our son is a brute, and former sub 25 point GS skier, and he had no fun trying to work this into a consistent small shape. Doesn't really want to do it. However, if you have some buffed and open spaces, even more fun with some rollovers and breakers and rolling terrain, with no friends, these are just an incredible ride. If you want to just ski a ski that literally eats up terrain, this works. A lot like a really nice real deal GS ski, but more fun in many respects. Seeing the right pilot ski this at real GS speed and turn shapes, through a mogul field is pretty eye popping. Wow.

Don't be swayed by the topsheet's size and radius. Yes a bit bigger than 27M, and a bit longer than 193cm. Not a 195cm, though. BTW, not my tuning room, so not my other skis, HaHa. I was just there for the mounting. And to witness some skiing a few days later. Still hoping to steal these. Maybe a Christmas gift??

View attachment 61192

A couple rolls of B-netting should come with them. ogsmile

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January