• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Stockli SR88/95 vs Blizzard Brahma/Bonafide

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
Sorry to be a contrarian here but i did not love the 20/21 SR95 as I expected. But I really liked the previous generation Brahma 88 and Bonafide (especially Brahmas). SR95 to me was slow to pull you into turn and didn’t have as much energy/pop coming out of turn. The Brahmas were much more entertaining with high speed carves on firm to soft groomers and way better on New England hardpack. The Stocklis were more versatile but didn’t have right mix of skills for me. It’s way overused in these discussions but try before you buy as the group think isn’t always right for you.

Just don’t get me going on my current love which are J Masterblasters. Totally not the ski I thought I’d like but the things rip and are so fun in all conditions. I was all about burly, stiff Volkl and Blizzard skis (which i still like) but not really giving up much with MBs and gaining on the fun/creative side of the equation. Go figure.....

Last edited:

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just don’t get me going on my current love which are J Masterblasters. Totally not the ski I thought I’d like but the things rip and are so fun in all conditions. I was all about burly, stiff Völkl and Blizzard skis (which i still like) but not really giving up much with MBs and gaining on the fun/creative side of the equation. Go figure.....

At the expense of thread drift, that is exactly where Blister lines up the Masterblasters against the Bonafides, Enforcers, Mantras, Wrenegades, etc. All the stability, almost as good at carving, and a lot more playful. They don’t review Stocklis.

I skied the Masterblasters last season and loved them. They turned the whole mountain into a playground and they could also bomb down the groomers. They are on the shelf now because this site moved me towards narrower and longer skis!

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
A few days ago at the Base of Deer Valley--I noticed a bunch of 2022 Völkls lined up in the racks, including the new 2022 M6 and the 2022 Kendo 88--and I took the liberty to hand flex them versus the SR 95's that I own: the Völkls were noticeably stiffer---and personally--I can't possibly see what benefit that stiffer flex could provide versus the SR's--which in addition to be very maneuverable are also (IMHO) uniquely smooth at speed and plow through chop really well. So while not a direct comparison to the Bones or Brahma--I think the observation would be similar.

Off topic, but did you notice any 191 m6s?