• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Startup thinking about developing an app for Ski Patrol

WillT

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hey Y'all!

My team and I are working on a startup thinking about developing an app for Ski Patrol. Our team is full of first responders, but we are looking for advisors that have deep industry experience specifically in Ski Patrol operations. Our engineering team is extremely talented, and would otherwise be working at Google... We can pretty much build anything, we just need to know where to focus. Our goal is to really understand the operational processes and overall needs of Ski Patrollers.

We think there is an opportunity to improve the dispatch, incident tracking, and reporting workflows, but again, we are looking for some strong guidance. The other angle we were thinking about was a real-time mountain and run status dashboard tool for smaller mountains that don't have the resources to build their own tech like larger mountains.

Would any of you be willing to chat for 5 or 10 min over the phone? I'm happy to send you a case of beer or a Starbucks giftcard in exchange for your time.

Thank you so much!

Cheers.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
There are a few out there. Some focus on the administration of patrol others focus on the cases.

https://www.medic52.com/ has been around for a while. I looked into it 4 years ago, but our local hill uses Homebase for scheduling and the paper NSP forms. A few places in Wisconsin use the NSP forms on a tablet vs writing everything down. Can also had video and voice recording to those incidents.

I have looked at a few others but don't remember or even see them listed on the internet anymore.

In the USA, you have a few patrol organizations and they all use similar and different systems. :)

Maybe a good start would be to contact NSP in Colorado?

SpokaneSteve

Booting up
Skier
Hello:

We switched last year from paper to Medic52. It has a bunch of advantages over paper but I do find myself chasing the app in the aid room more than I would like rather than working with the patient.

My two cents is make sure your team brings solid advantages over Medic52 or other competitors. With how much training and familiarization it took to get our patrol transitioned I bet we would want to see real advantages to get us to switch again.

Cheers, Steve.

Sponsor

Staff online