• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Steamboat 2021, A little of everything

Rootsar

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Coming to the Boat Saturday.Had second vaccine 2weeks ago, not sure if I want to use gondola, what is the policy for loading?

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Coming to the Boat Saturday.Had second vaccine 2weeks ago, not sure if I want to use gondola, what is the policy for loading?
Officially, you can load with just your group, or "Individuals who wish to ride alone will be allowed to do so but may have to wait until demand allows a chair or cabin to be loaded with one person." I don't know how often or how they follow that. I do know that folks and lifties seemed to be good about asking if it was OK to group up or add singles, and let you ride the chairs by yourself if you said you wanted to.

That said, the gondola tends to have a big line if the resort is busy at all.... Christie Peak to Thunderhead is a good alternate path that I did most days.

Last edited:

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester

so technically, only members of family households are allowed per gondola car but no one asks and I haven't heard it being enforced. Could you go with one person? Technically yes but there is no singles line and frankly, its near impossible for people to space 6 feet.

I use the Christy chair and on weekends (especially) it loads much faster and it will take you a few minutes more to get to the top but you will be skiing part of the time. :).

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
OK, so I finally made plans. I'm flying into Hayden 3/21, driving to Granby (using points at Worldmark which is supposed be a 1/2 hour from WP) to stay there for 4 nights, 3 days of skiing at WP 3/22, 3/23, 3/24.

The morning of 3/25 drive to Steamboat (staying again at a Worldmark), ski Steamboat 3/25, 3/26, 3/27 and maybe the morning of 3/28 before I catch a 3:15pm flight (the last direct Alaska flight on the Steamboat-Seattle route as it is seasonal service).

If I catch a storm, great, if I don't also great. I've never been to either and I like to explore new-to-me-resorts. Anyone who want to meet up and guide me a bit and ski together, great.

Sponsor

Staff online