• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Steamboat Restaurant HELP

Jimdh

Putting on skis
Skier
You all have yet to steer me wrong, so I have a question: A group of 8 of us are going to Steamboat the first part of February. My job is to pick the place for our one big dinner. For this group, this is a Big Deal. We need to have a full bar, good wine, great food, fabulous ambiance, wonderful view and accessible for non-skiers. Price is not a driving factor -- food/drink, ambiance, [to a lesser extent view] and the overall “coolness factor” are most important. Don't want formal: jeans and after ski attire. They must take reservations.

In the past we’ve always booked a room at a place at Thunderhead (Red’s?). Is that the place to go? Any other suggestions that you think will fit the bill?

Thank you in advance for suggestions; I don’t want to screw this one up! JDH

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
Paging @Ron for gastronomical advice...

When I'm in Steamboat, Rex's at the Holiday Inn is about all I can afford, Pretty good though...

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For dinner: Take the gondola to a snow cat to the mid mountain lodge for a great dinning experience. That is if they're still doing that in these challenging times.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
define good food? If you want a dining experience, you should be looking at Cafe Diva or Periodic Table, The mountain food isn't known for being anything special. E3 is upscale Steak house. Primrose on 11th is very good as well. Aurum is another to consider

There are no formal restaurants in town.

TS
Jimdh

Jimdh

Putting on skis
Skier
Thanks for the responses . Ron, E3 is being considered; we’ll look at the others. Many thanks.

Black Dog

Its all downhill from here..
Skier
There is great Italian place in the center of town on Main St.. Can't remember the name, but had a great meal there.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Last time we were in Steamboat we hit Aurum. Atmosphere and food were good. Bonus was the restaurant over looked a small ski area that had ski jumping ramps and training was going on while we dinned. That was pretty cool.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Last time we were in Steamboat we hit Aurum. Atmosphere and food were good. Bonus was the restaurant over looked a small ski area that had ski jumping ramps and training was going on while we dinned. That was pretty cool.

listed above, its not in the same class as Diva or Periodic table. With the labor shortages and even shortages of certain supplies here, Stick to Diva, a professional service staff and professional chefs and line. You wont be sorry.

BTW, the small ski area is Howelson, the oldest operating ski resort in the country. its a gem. Olympians train there.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I think the OP seems to be looking for a place that has solid food but is also cool. Cool vibe/ambiance/view. Of the ones you guys mentioned Periodic Table seems the coolest but Diva might have the best food of the 2.

TS
Jimdh

Jimdh

Putting on skis
Skier
listed above, its not in the same class as Diva or Periodic table. With the labor shortages and even shortages of certain supplies here, Stick to Diva, a professional service staff and professional chefs and line. You wont be sorry.

BTW, the small ski area is Howelson, the oldest operating ski resort in the country. its a gem. Olympians train there.
Ron, I greatly appreciate your recommendation; I’ll follow it if we can get in. Jim