• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steelers!

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Not me, I'm pulling for the GOAT.

Greatest QB sure but tarnished by cheating along with that entire despicable team. I thought I could go the season without trashing the Cheatriots but you had to praise Brady. I will always remind people of why that team will be forever tied to their rule-breaking ways. They had the talent and I actually admired the team until their shady ways came to light. I will never celebrate cheaters no matter their accomplishments.

I'll root for the Bills although I think KC will win it all if Mahomes is healthy.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Could somebody in the Steelers organization get Terry Bradshaw to stop embarrassing himself in commercials?

Edit: I saw some of Terry's encounters with Turkey Jones, so I have a good idea of at least some of the cause for his behavior.

I was at that game. My dad's fraternal club got tickets and bussed a bunch of us to Cleveland. We all managed to get out alive but a few well oiled Stiller fans managed to find a fist fight.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Greatest QB sure but tarnished by cheating along with that entire despicable team. I thought I could go the season without trashing the Cheatriots but you had to praise Brady. I will always remind people of why that team will be forever tied to their rule-breaking ways. They had the talent and I actually admired the team until their shady ways came to light. I will never celebrate cheaters no matter their accomplishments.
Well he is kinda girlish and likes softballs, give him a girl break geez..

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I expect it will be a GreenBay/KC Super Bowl but I hope I’m wrong and I expect that both games will be close. Personally I’m rooting for a Bills/Bucs Super Bowl. I want the Bills to win it all. Aaron Rodgers may be my most unfavorite player of all time so that explains my hope for the Bucs.

As to Brady, I won’t be wagering against him. Like him or not he’s a monster in big games and the team he’s on now has one of the best rosters, talent and balance wise, that he’s ever been part of. If Arians stays out of the way, I like their chances.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I will never celebrate cheaters no matter their talent. Why would you demean women by calling that cheat girlish?
I think the implication was that it was "girlish" because girls generally play softball, and "soft balls" was one of the issues with the Patriots. Just a play on words. Not saying that cheating is "girlish" - at least that's how I read it.

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
Greatest QB sure but tarnished by cheating along with that entire despicable team. .

Tom Brady, during his time with the Patriots, went 12-3 against the Steelers, 3-0 in playoff games. I understand why he makes you so sad. It's OK, he's out of the AFC and he'll retire soon.

Reactions: Tex

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It wasn't a Patriots issue. http://www.fourgamesinfall.com/ It's actually a fascinating example of using social media and the media to manipulate public perception of 'truth'. Also, the dangers of 'science for hire' consultants. This, well, we've lived through plenty of this since then...
I haven't seen that film, but I have read a lot of things on both sides of "deflategate"... I just didn't want to get into it here. All I meant by "issues" was that there was controversy around it, true or not.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Tom Brady, during his time with the Patriots, went 12-3 against the Steelers, 3-0 in playoff games. I understand why he makes you so sad. It's OK, he's out of the AFC and he'll retire soon.

And your cognitive dissonance compels you to justify cheating by citing science to justify the cheat. You still don't get it. It doesn't matter whether "science " says it does or doesn't matter. Rules were broken. That's the point. Your beloved team cheated time and time again. I didn't say that. The NFL said that. You will always wonder if the Cheatriots won because they were good or because they were good and cheated to ensure their winning. Taint will always stain their glory. Why are you here commenting on what this whiny Steelers fan has to say about the Cheatriots?

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Yinz
E0C8E03A-6041-4CF8-B03D-353DEAAA35F4.gif

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
Tom Brady, GOAT*
*system QB division

I'd like to see Bills and GB but I can't see the Chiefs losing at home. I'll pick KC and TBto go to the Super Bowl.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Analysts see Steelers as a fit for Dwayne Haskins:geek:
Quoting myself above from Dec 29.

Haskins is a big strong guy with a gun. If anybody can tame him it would be Tomlin. Stylistically, Haskins is a bit like Big Ben. Supposedly Haskins was adversely effected by signing a big contract in his home town and all the distractions that came with that. Going to Pittsburgh is a great break for him at finding a second chance.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My youngest son went to The Bullis School with Haskins. We know him and his family very well. I’d sum it up as this: he was a great HS player head and shoulders above his competition. At Ohio State, he has lots of success because he had s great arm and played on a great team. Week in week out they overmatched their opponents and he was basically able to throw to his 1st option 90% of the time. He was super successful in his 1 year as a starter and lands in the NFL on a dismal team that couldn’t wait for him to develop, read defenses, check thru his pass options and throw to his 3rd and 4th options like you have to do to be successful in the NFL. He certainly never learned in college because he didn’t have to. If the Steelers are patient and develop him it could end up being a great pick up. It will also do him well to be out of the Washington DC area.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
So I see that Haskins really has signed with the Pittsburgh Football Team. Think we'll see him actually play?

Sponsor

Staff online