• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steelers!

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
0E8AEDD9-43A4-4EB3-ACB5-57D6A3F2BCB5.jpeg

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Odds are definitely not good, but it'll be a good show. I'd like to see a Steelers W, but at this point, I have no expectations, I don't care. Just gonna make some KC type BBQ and watch a hopefully good game. Go Ben. Go Steelers!
They got a shot. They exceeded expectations just by making the playoffs, KC has had some bumps as well and in the NFL there is enough talent on every team to win on that given day. Ben has the ability still if he gets some help from the O line and the running game.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Well..I think sometimes we focus too much on winning it all. Man, some teams NEVER get to play meaningful football in January. Soak it in.. Savour it..
Half of the teams on the field today didn't play "football" at all for at least 3 quarters of the game..

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Yes, Watt got his first playoff sack. That's all I really hoped for from this game.
Well..I think sometimes we focus too much on winning it all. Man, some teams NEVER get to play meaningful football in January. Soak it in.. Savour it..
Many jaded Steelers fans whine that it has been 5 years since a playoff win. The Bengal went 31 years without a playoff win.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
What does the future hold for the Stillers? What was it, twenty years between Bradshaw and Roethlisberger? Even still, they stayed competitive and made it to Super Bowl 30 with Neil O'Donnell at QB only to lose to the Cowboys. Can they stay competitive? I know KevinF will say they need to clean house at the top but Tomlin will stay. He never loses the team. Players believe in him and so do the Rooney's. So do I and most of Steelers Nation too. There are many holes to fill.

Last edited by a moderator:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
What does the future hold for the Stillers? What was it, twenty years between Bradshaw and Roethlisberger?

I'll quote/paraphrase myself from earlier... maybe now that the season is over, it's a good time to discuss...

So who does everyone want to be the Steelers QB next year? According to CBS Sportsline, the following QBs could be free agents:

Aaron Rodgers
Russell Wilson
Kirk Cousins
Matt Ryan
Derek Carr
Tua Tagavailoa
Jimmy Garappolo
Jameis Winston
Jared Goff
Teddy Bridgewater
Cam Newton
Sam Darnold
Tyrod Taylor
DeShaun Watson

Assuming they were all really free agents, would you want the Steelers to sign any of them at their likely asking price? Go with Rudolph? Draft a QB and plan to start him right away?

Personally, I'd like to see them sign a mid-level QB and draft someone to groom. Maybe a Bridgewater or Garappolo... Carr may be too expensive. I'd LOVE to see them get Russell Wilson, but his asking price will be too high to pay for his potential aging downside IMO.

My guess is that they won't do anything that significant though, and play with some value option and combo with Rudolph.

I guess Haskins could figure in too... but IMO that's a dead-end.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You all will probably tell me I’m crazy, but I think that Winston is a viable option they should consider. He’s both available and relatively affordable assuming the Saints don’t go all in on him. He did a very good job earlier this year before injury minimizing turnovers which was always his issue. He’s got a great and accurate arm. I’d combine that with a move up in the draft for a QB.

Jimmy G is another option but he will be expensive and isn’t all that good imo.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
You all will probably tell me I’m crazy, but I think that Winston is a viable option they should consider. He’s both available and relatively affordable assuming the Saints don’t go all in on him. He did a very good job earlier this year before injury minimizing turnovers which was always his issue. He’s got a great and accurate arm. I’d combine that with a move up in the draft for a QB.
I don't think it's crazy, but he's mistake prone and coming off of an ACL tear... so would have to be somewhat cheap, IMO. And I don't know that he will be because people seem enamored of his upside. It's also a little worrying that his completion % fell a lot this year before he got hurt. But it's always hard to tell how much of that is scheme/play-calling.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'll quote/paraphrase myself from earlier... maybe now that the season is over, it's a good time to discuss...

So who does everyone want to be the Steelers QB next year? According to CBS Sportsline, the following QBs could be free agents:

Aaron Rodgers
Russell Wilson
Kirk Cousins
Matt Ryan
Derek Carr
Tua Tagavailoa
Jimmy Garappolo
Jameis Winston
Jared Goff
Teddy Bridgewater
Cam Newton
Sam Darnold

Tyrod Taylor
DeShaun Watson

Assuming they were all really free agents, would you want the Steelers to sign any of them at their likely asking price? Go with Rudolph? Draft a QB and plan to start him right away?

Personally, I'd like to see them sign a mid-level QB and draft someone to groom. Maybe a Bridgewater or Garappolo... Carr may be too expensive. I'd LOVE to see them get Russell Wilson, but his asking price will be too high to pay for his potential aging downside IMO.

My guess is that they won't do anything that significant though, and play with some value option and combo with Rudolph.

I guess Haskins could figure in too... but IMO that's a dead-end.
Please pick someone in bold..
:roflmao:

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I don't think it's crazy, but he's mistake prone and coming off of an ACL tear... so would have to be somewhat cheap, IMO. And I don't know that he will be because people seem enamored of his upside. It's also a little worrying that his completion % fell a lot this year before he got hurt. But it's always hard to tell how much of that is scheme/play-calling.
Winston’s passer rating was 102.8 and he threw 3 interceptions to 14 TDs. Granted it was a shortened year for him, but he only had 2 games where his passer rating was less than 100 and 1 of those games it was just over 86. Rodgers, Burrow, Cousins, Stafford, Wilson and Prescott finished with a higher passer rating. Ben’s was 86.8. I’m not saying he’s the perfect guy to lead the team, but I think he’s a solid option that won’t break the bank compared to the others on LHC’s list that still have game in them. Btw-I said affordable not free. He’s getting a really nice contract somewhere this off-season.