• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steelers!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Winston’s passer rating was 102.8 and he threw 3 interceptions to 14 TDs. Granted it was a shortened year for him, but he only had 2 games where his passer rating was less than 100 and 1 of those games it was just over 86. Rodgers, Burrow, Cousins, Stafford, Wilson and Prescott finished with a higher passer rating. Ben’s was 86.8. I’m not saying he’s the perfect guy to lead the team, but I think he’s a solid option that won’t break the bank compared to the others on LHC’s list that still have game in them. Btw-I said affordable not free. He’s getting a really nice contract somewhere this off-season.
All good points, though the 14 TDs was a bit overinflated by that first game against GB, where neither team played like themselves; he had 5 TDs on only 14 completions.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Ben is Ben and he is better than 90% of all QBs in the history of the NFL, but yesterday he looked like a brontosaurus compared to Mahomes' velociraptor.
Found a nice photo from the other day of Mahomes in velociraptor mode. What an athlete! IIRC he nailed this pass completion.
velociraptor mahomes.jpg

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm loving the Trusbisky signing, especially given that it is not too much money for a starting QB. Tons of upside if he plays well, and we didn't fork over a ton of draft capital by trading for Jimmy G. I really like this move along with the other FA signings!

Here We Go!!!

wiread

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I wouldn't expect to go too far with Mitch. He hasn't shown any growth at the NFL level in my amateur eyes. If the run game is fairly dominant and he can make a 1 read pass off that play action or run look he can make a handful of plays in a game. If he has to come off that 1 read or go thru a progression he's toast. His handful of plays he's capable of making never seem to be able to overcome the boneheaded one's he's prone to making either.

Maybe the coaching in Chicago was that bad, but he was not ever good. Dominant Defense, strong rung game and yes you can win some games with Mitch, but that's a recipe to win with any QB and not a result of the QB.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sad news on Dwayne Haskins passing. Like him or not as a player he was a super nice kid from a great family. My son keeps in touch with him from their HS days together. Sad day in a lot of Bullis School homes today.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Sad news on Dwayne Haskins passing. Like him or not as a player he was a super nice kid from a great family. My son keeps in touch with him from their HS days together. Sad day in a lot of Bullis School homes today.
Wow... very sad. :(

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Terrible news. Local reports say Dwayne was at the Steelers facilities most days working hard on all aspects of his game. He had a real shot to win the starting QB competition. He was heading to the airport to return to Pittsburgh when it happened.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Nobody has any idea why he was walking out on the interstate... Something definitely wasn't right with him. Might have broken down nearby but I haven't heard that his car was nearby..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Still no clue why he was walking out on the freeway. Have they figured out who the last people he talked to/interacted with were before he ended up out there????

Sponsor

Staff online