• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steelers!

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
Speaking of Canadians (well, sort of), is Matt Canada the best we can get for offensive coordinator? I listen to Fox Sports Radio on my way to work, and the "Two Pros and a Cup of Joe" guys had some interesting (read: negative) things to say about Canada's play calling. Seems like a big step from being QB coach to OC, especially with 2 new QBs.

And yes, the Bills look very menacing this year. Returning you now to the all-Steelers channel . . .

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm actually not really even a Bills fan! The first team I cheered for was the Steel Curtain defence teams, and Rocky Blier/Franco Harris. Talk about guts...
What?!? Have you changed allegiances and therefore disappointed everyone in PIttsburgh? Or are you just sullying the magnificence of this thread for no good reason?

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
What?!? Have you changed allegiances and therefore disappointed everyone in PIttsburgh? Or are you just sullying the magnificence of this thread for no good reason?
Dragging it right into the gutter.... I've loved big Ben since he drove into a car with his gsxr and lived to tell about it!! :roflmao:

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Speaking of Canadians (well, sort of), is Matt Canada the best we can get for offensive coordinator? I listen to Fox Sports Radio on my way to work, and the "Two Pros and a Cup of Joe" guys had some interesting (read: negative) things to say about Canada's play calling. Seems like a big step from being QB coach to OC, especially with 2 new QBs.

And yes, the Bills look very menacing this year. Returning you now to the all-Steelers channel . . .
Canada is the talk of the town. Offensive Coordinators always are. Some wags say Kenny would do no better than Mitch in this offense. Winning would go a long way to quiet the talk. How is Uncle Louie?

wiread

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I can't comment on the OC, but whoever is the OC is going to be a bit limited by the QB he has to run an offense thru.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
This Amazon broadcast is almost unwatchable! If the Steelers D shows up to support these guys that are playing offense we could have a game here. Nice catch by Pickett, a couple nice runs by Harris.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Per an article on Football Outsiders, the Steelers are currently 21st in their rankings... with this comment (DVOA is Defense-adjusted Value Over Average - their metric they use to rank the teams. It's really DVOA + OVOA, where the offensive ratings are adjusted for the defenses they played, and the defensive ratings are adjusted for the offenses they played against, and then they're added together. Anyway...):

21. Pittsburgh Steelers
The Steelers face the teams currently ranked first (Bills), fifth (Buccaneers), 13th (Dolphins) and second (Eagles) in DVOA over the next four weeks. Good luck, Kenny Pickett!

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Have we hit rock bottom now? My station didn't even show the 4th quarter.

scott43

Skier
That was a really good team and that was what, Picketts second game ever?? Don't often go far with a rookie QB in this league. How long did he understudy for? I wouldn't say rock bottom, have to build it up. Rock bottom is Detroit....

Sponsor

Staff online