• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Stereo Skis: The Ones That Go to 11

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
Phil...you've done it again...I don't know if this is another 20 something euphuism that I have no chance of understanding...(kid get off my lawn!!!!!!), or if we're talking about the numb-skulls that actually were earphones skiing...or that since there is usually a left and right ski (mono-skier do not apply) we're thinking about the ability to balance the performance of the activity to the left or the right? Lastly we all know that "11" is just a marketing "thing" the real answer is 42!

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
More premium skis a la Blossom and Renoun! This is very exciting indeed. I am sending a cage match between the V3/88 and the Endurance 88 — or maybe the SR 88 for that matter!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil...you've done it again...I don't know if this is another 20 something euphuism that I have no chance of understanding...(kid get off my lawn!!!!!!), or if we're talking about the numb-skulls that actually were earphones skiing...or that since there is usually a left and right ski (mono-skier do not apply) we're thinking about the ability to balance the performance of the activity to the left or the right? Lastly we all know that "11" is just a marketing "thing" the real answer is 42!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I just got done looking at their website the RS 78 looks like a great ski. I see that they make it a 175 that is 76 under foot and 17M. I bet that would be a good ski for the East Coast hard pack and ice. The tip of the ski is interesting it looks familiar wasn't there another manufacture using that style tip? I am not sure if I missed it or the information about tip rocker was not posted? The plate on the RS 78 only fits a Marker? Are any other plates available?

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
pre-covid they did bi weekly demos at our local hill, Im trying to make test my way through all their models, cool to see them reviewed here :)

Demos, on non demo, but actual proper bindings, is nice.

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
" How many premium non-race skis come with a Marker piston plate? I can’t think of any, but this is how Stereo is offering the Piste RS/78. "

Volkl Deacon Pro for one......

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
" How many premium non-race skis come with a Marker piston plate? I can’t think of any, but this is how Stereo is offering the Piste RS/78. "

Völkl Deacon Pro for one......
Yes, and K2 is coming out with a Disruption for next season too.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Marshal inspired by Marshall!
Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I just got done looking at their website the RS 78 looks like a great ski. I see that they make it a 175 that is 76 under foot and 17M. I bet that would be a good ski for the East Coast hard pack and ice. The tip of the ski is interesting it looks familiar wasn't there another manufacture using that style tip? I am not sure if I missed it or the information about tip rocker was not posted? The plate on the RS 78 only fits a Marker? Are any other plates available?
The tip is unique for sure. Yes, there is some early rise in both the tip and tail, pretty uncommon in this segment. The only plate that is available is the Marker, but I am sure you could custom order w/o a plate and put your own on.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
The tip is unique for sure. Yes, there is some early rise in both the tip and tail, pretty uncommon in this segment. The only plate that is available is the Marker, but I am sure you could custom order w/o a plate and put your own on.
Just a quick thought, does a 17M ski seem long for a 76 under foot? Many ot the 76 UF skis are in the 14M skis?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just a quick thought, does a 17M ski seem long for a 76 under foot? Many ot the 76 UF skis are in the 14M skis?
Yes, it is on the longer side, that is not a bad thing, if it is what you are looking for.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
V3/88 looks very intriguing.

I am of Norsk heritage, and willing to test these skis!