• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Stockli laser SC vs Volkl RaceTiger SC Black

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
How big are the hills that you typically ski and how big are the turns that you want to ski? All the skis mentioned are really short-turn carving skis. In Europe, they are not the norm for Level 2 training and exams. Usually, skis with a 16+ m radius are recommended. Most people get a cheater GS ski (Racetiger GS, Rossi Hero Elite LT, Atomic Redster G9 Revoshock etc.). Sometimes a mid-radius ski can be used too (Redster X9S, Head WCR e-Race etc.). Especially for moguls, terrain skiing, and rhythm changes, these longer-radius skis are preferred over SL-type skis.
I am not sure if Level 2 means the same in the US, but if it does, there definitely is a reason behind longer radiuses being recommended for that kind of skiing. The only time you see instructors on SL skis is on indoor slopes, really.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
How big are the hills that you typically ski and how big are the turns that you want to ski? All the skis mentioned are really short-turn carving skis. In Europe, they are not the norm for Level 2 training and exams. Usually, skis with a 16+ m radius are recommended. Most people get a cheater GS ski (Racetiger GS, Rossi Hero Elite LT, Atomic Redster G9 Revoshock etc.). Sometimes a mid-radius ski can be used too (Redster X9S, Head WCR e-Race etc.). Especially for moguls, terrain skiing, and rhythm changes, these longer-radius skis are preferred over SL-type skis.
I am not sure if Level 2 means the same in the US, but if it does, there definitely is a reason behind longer radiuses being recommended for that kind of skiing. The only time you see instructors on SL skis is on indoor slopes, really.
The OP settled on a ski way back in post #19.

FYI, Level 2 in the US is a pretty low bar in the skiing department.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The OP settled on a ski way back in post #19.

FYI, Level 2 in the US is a pretty low bar in the skiing department.

Dude, were you in my last "How to offend everybody with one sentence" seminar? I don't recall seeing a payment from you.
Fair enough. I'll try again.

FYI, US Level 2 candidates, as discussed early in the thread, probably need to emphasize precision in low speed maneuvers more than being solid at speed. So a GS style ski is not such an obvious choice for them.

How's that?

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Tell op to dig deep and get some better skills and real skis and move on. Oh was that already taken care of?

Sponsor