• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Store or Sell? What to do with your skis/gear when the season is done.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Tony Storaro or... someone saying something good about the ski online = long process? :p

how you likeing th SR95? got one for sale locally supercheap 21 or 22 model 193

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Tony Storaro or... someone saying something good about the ski online = long process? :p

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

CT 1.0 doesn't count. It was a one off. And a YUGE success. And besides-the opinion of the distinguished members of this outstanding community here weighs more than any review I can find elsewhere on the interwebs.

SRs are perfect for me. Good in the morning, even better in the afternoon. Can carve, can cruise, good edge hold for ski so wide, I like everything about them, that's why I have 2 pairs.
One of the skis I could spend the entire season on without complaining too much.

You might find them too mellow and tame tho, they are not superchargers by any stretch.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
If you're trying to optimize your gear spend/budget, store THEN sell late fall, around end of October or early November when people are looking to buy. If you're just freeing up space, +1 to giving them away. I'd rather just give something away than deal with the hassle of shipping it..

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

CT 1.0 doesn't count. It was a one off. And a YUGE success. And besides-the opinion of the distinguished members of this outstanding community here weighs more than any review I can find elsewhere on the interwebs.

SRs are perfect for me. Good in the morning, even better in the afternoon. Can carve, can cruise, good edge hold for ski so wide, I like everything about them, that's why I have 2 pairs.
One of the skis I could spend the entire season on without complaining too much.

You might find them too mellow and tame tho, they are not superchargers by any stretch.
can I lean 240lbs on shovels on edge going 50mph? sr95 some reviews says shovels are soft and tails stiff, so kindaweirdnessbut never skied them

I sold my M6 191cm for kinda beeing just a too friendly ski recently :eek: same with kendos

CT 1.0 and... might add v-werks deacon? :p

motogreg

A liftie once told me I was an okay skier....
Skier
If any of you goodwill guys wanna shoot me pics, I'll pay you ship+beer money, just sayin'....

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
I store everything and then sell at ski swaps in October. But that's only the outgrown stuff from my grandsons. I treat my ski gear like my model airplanes: VERY RELUCTANT TO SELL. Use it until it dies and then buy something used from someone else.

If you follow this strategy, you'll have lots of skis to cover lots of conditions, and you'll save lots of money.

I have never sold a single pair of skis in my life...

So I guess I'm RELUCTANT too!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I store everything and then sell at ski swaps in October. But that's only the outgrown stuff from my grandsons. I treat my ski gear like my model airplanes: VERY RELUCTANT TO SELL. Use it until it dies and then buy something used from someone else.

If you follow this strategy, you'll have lots of skis to cover lots of conditions, and you'll save lots of money.
^^^^100% THIS^^^^ But I attach them to the fence out back by the patio when I'm done skiing them if nobody else will take them off my porch..

Mel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I give away a lot of stuff, and sell it too. I hate most online platforms for selling locally (life is too short to deal with the kind of people who seem to use them!), but we have a very active neighbourhood Facebook group with pretty strict moderation that is easy to sell stuff on. Outgrown juniors stuff sells itself in October/November, and a few people who have been good customers over the years (with kids just a bit younger than mine) usually get first dibs before I even post. I’m happy to sell it for whatever small amount keeps it in circulation and out of the landfill. I will always store it until fall, because that’s when people feel like buying!

I still see my kids’ former snow suit from 5-6 years ago walking to school in the winter!

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
can I lean 240lbs on shovels on edge going 50mph? sr95 some reviews says shovels are soft and tails stiff, so kindaweirdnessbut never skied them

I sold my M6 191cm for kinda beeing just a too friendly ski recently :eek: same with kendos

CT 1.0 and... might add v-werks deacon? :p

If you find the M6 too friendly I am almost sure you won't like the SRs.
Cant say about the current version as I have not skied them, the general opinion is that the tips are stiffer but if your question is about the previous generation, that exercise with leaning 240 lbs on the tips most probably won't be a success. ;)

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
"Disabled Sports" at Mammoth gets all of my gear that I no longer ski. I have sold a couple of newer pairs that I no longer used, but in general do not wish to hassle with shipping used skis for minimal profit.

I have occasionally sold skis up at Mammoth but do not like having random people come over to my home in Los Angeles.

My husband still keeps his old skis in our garden shed despite my best efforts to have him get rid of them. He thinks they will turn into antiques.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Its that time of year again, Store or Sell?

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
End of season is when i evaluate what I'm storing and what I'm selling. This years for sales will be 2021 Blizzard Brahma 82s in a 166 and 2021 Volkl Kenjas in a 163. The rest will be skied for the rest of this season and then put away until the fall.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
When it comes to gear your kids have outgrown I strongly recommend giving it away to other families a little behind yours on the age of the kids. I'd wager that the family you give it to will appreciate it more than you would the $50-$100 bucks you might get from selling used kids gear. Help the next generation of skiers, give them the gear your kids have outgrown..

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Store. Bad time to sell (except to late/off season bargain hunters like myself). Prices should be better in the fall along with a bigger, more receptive customer base.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
sold 3, bought 4, so quiver is the desired N+1