• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Store or Sell? What to do with your skis/gear when the season is done.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I feel like it should go without saying that a bunch of straight men being unable to keep it in their pants is not the same thing as good service. And while we’re at it, the quality of attention a woman receives in a retail setting should never ever correlate with how physically attractive the salesperson personally finds her. Wildly unprofessional.
The sales force in many ski shops consists of young single guys. That doesn't mean service is bad but young men will still be interested in attractive people. How much time have you spent working on the sales floor of a ski shop? It can be a high level of testosterone environment. Maybe it is different here in the NY Metropolitan area but any sales force is going to be competitive. If any of my coworkers didn't do a good job I was the guy that had to fix it with the customer. They always got good service from me and I had lots of repeat customers and that is one of the best endorsement I can get.

BMC

Out on the slopes
Skier
If a Brad Pitt style bloke walked into a store with lots of female retail staff he’d get lots of extra attention as well. It’s not sexist. It’s just the way of things - there’s a reason why good looking people are considered “attractive”.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
If a Brad Pitt style bloke walked into a store with lots of female retail staff he’d get lots of extra attention as well. It’s not sexist. It’s just the way of things - there’s a reason why good looking people are considered “attractive”.
You are correct, many many years ago I was on a flight from LA to NYC and Paul Newman was in first class and all the airline hostesses were buzzing around him like bees to a flower.
There is such a thing as "Pretty Privilege" as much as people don't want to admit it.

Reactions: BMC

Sponsor

Staff online