• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Stove-top Espresso Maker

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Well I've tried to plow through my 1 pound "gift" of Starbucks dark roast and have decided I'm going to bin half of it. The other two I've tried were far superior. I can get Kicking Horse right down the street so I'm going to try that and get the hand grinder that was suggested a little above. I don't want to ALREADY be a coffee snob but man..that Starbucks dark roast is abysmal..at least to me.. :huh:

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think you'll find that the Lavazza is the best for a Bialetta. If you had a fancier espresso machine, sure , get the grinder, and the beans, but for a mocha brewer, Lavazza rules!

James

Out There
Instructor
The Starbucks just tastes burnt..which is what everyone says about
Well there's a brand of very dark roast from a small roaster in Massachusetts. It's called
IMG_4512.JPG

Starbucks sued years ago over Black Bear Roaster's use of "Charbucks". I believe they gave up after the appeal was lost in 2013.

http://www.blackbearcoffee.com/Starbucks/What's_it_all_about.htm

Their resources page has a lot of info on making coffee.
https://blackbearcoffee.com/resources

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I suppose I am enough of a cretin that I enjoy Starbucks French Roast in my espresso machine.
But then again, I sometimes drink Coors Banquet:eek:
On the other hand, I do aspire to a more enlightened palate someday.
We shall see.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I suppose I am enough of a cretin that I enjoy Starbucks French Roast in my espresso machine.
But then again, I sometimes drink Coors Banquet:eek:
On the other hand, I do aspire to a more enlightened palate someday.
We shall see.

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Being from Miami, I grew up on Bustelo and Pilon. Lavazza's great.

The one thing I caution a new user is to always rinse out the cafetero immediately, and set the base to dry on the warm stove so it doesn't get an aluminum scrunge in the bottom.

I'd just as soon drink Folgers than any of that burnt, sour Starbuck's crap. I have no clue how they made it off the ground selling that stuff.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Well I got my Kicking Horse Three Sisters full bean and grinder..buzzed out a cup of coffee..will try it tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed.

Chickenmonkey

David T.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have found the consistent grind of pre-ground italian espressos to be a bit part of the results with my stove top espresso makers. Lavazza, Alessi. All good!

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
I have found the consistent grind of pre-ground italian espressos to be a bit part of the results with my stove top espresso makers. Lavazza, Alessi. All good!
I can say the Lavazza Rosso was lovely and much better than the Starbucks. I'm going to experiment a bit..see how it goes.

Sponsor

Staff online