• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Strade Bianche cancelled due to corona virus

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Strade Bianche has been cancelled, due to the corona Virus.

Luckily Omloop het volk was held last weekend, and was as good as always.

TS
Slim

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Where does one get their spring classics fix on line these days? NBC sports gold was a bit dissatisfying last year.
I have both the NBC Gold and the Flo bikes subscriptions.
NBC gold has a few of the biggest races, including Paris Roubaix. Flo bikes has everything else.

I love the spring classics, by far my favorite racing to watch. Maybe it’s because I grew up in Holland, so many of them are close to home.
But its also the battles agains the weather, and cobbles or such, so breakaways abound.

Also, fact that they are straight up, full gas races, no GC calculations, second place is the first loser and all that, and for our ADD, no interminable climbs.

I really love Strade Bianche, despite it’s short existence, it has quickly made it to the top of my favorites, will miss it. But of course, that’s the shallow view of a global health crisis.

Last edited:

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just a reminder: Strade Bianche this weekend. Peter The Great in action. :ogbiggrin:

Here we go again....

TS
Slim

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Did anyone watch the Omloop? Pretty cool racing both in the men’s and women’s.
Disappointingly nice weather though for the first spring classic of the season in Flanders.

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
Strade Bianche is such a great race....2021 has a very juicy line-up...van Aert or van der Poel?

TS
Slim

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Van der Poel!
Haha, just saying that because I am Dutch, not sure he really is more likely to win.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Surprised Bernal is doing so well here...well at least 5 km to go...

Still my money is on MVDP.

EDIT: Yes, the dude is a beast. Well done.

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Surprised Bernal is doing so well here...well at least 5 km to go...

Bernal was being a wild man in the corners where Alaphillipe just sat up 30m early and took them tight. I thought JA had lost some aggression (Valverde disease?) but it was probably the right move given Pogačar's whoopsie.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bernal was being a wild man in the corners where Alaphillipe just sat up 30m early and took them tight. I thought JA had lost some aggression (Valverde disease?) but it was probably the right move given Pogačar's whoopsie.

Pogačar would never have been my pick for this kind of one day events but he did pretty well too. Alaphillipe seems to be doing better than Valverde, although the way Roglič pipped him at LBL was pure gold :ogbiggrin:

I expected much more from WvA but probably this is Mathieu's year, who knows. Exciting times ahead.

What's next Tirreno-Adriatico?

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I havent looked at the start list for this year but paris-nice starts tomorrow. Not sure who’s rebounding from today to the start line tomorrow??

Milan san remo is the next 1 day, i think....

Here is the calendar:

Paris-Nice and Tirreno-Adriatico overlapping and then we have Milan-San Remo.

Sponsor