• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Stratton- Youth Seasonal Ski Programs

Moe

Out on the slopes
Skier
Anyone have any experience with any of the Seasonal ski programs at Stratton or other souther VT mountains?

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I had both of my kids signed up at Stratton for this season, but cancelled due to the pandemic.

I don’t have a ton of insight into the programs, but my son and daughter each did a trial day with the programs last season and really enjoyed them. My 10 year old son was signed up for the Allegro program (moguls, park and free skiing) and they asked him at the trial day if he was interested in one of the competitive programs. My 7 year old daughter was in a general program for her age group and had a great time at the trial day (they did a skiing skills oriented scavenger hunt).

I’m pretty sure we’ll sign them up for next season’s programs.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Brian Finch could tell you all about this if he was still posting here.

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
Don't know if you are locked into Stratton, but my pick for the best mountain in sounthern/central Vermont for families with young kids is Pico. Less expensive than the major resorts, tons of easy groomed trails, all trails lead to the same place, large "brown bag" room, lots of free bag storage, etc. There is also the Pico Ski Cl;ub with their own clubhouse right at the base. And while a midsized ski area, it has over 1900 ft of vertical and some of the best classic New England expert trails off the summit.

Sponsor

Staff online