• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Street Art. But not Graffiti

TS
Turoa Kiwi

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Gisborne NZ
07B2BE07-062F-427D-B0AD-FAE640AF4660.jpeg

TS
Turoa Kiwi

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Last edited:

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I love the Maori and the Lofoten stuff. Strikes me as culturally appropriate to both locations and traditions -thinking brightly painted fishing villages in Norway plus a bit of their ironic/dark humour (everyone has seen Dead Snow I assume?)

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hopefully this link will work. The town of Estepona in Southern Spain encouraged wall murals and now has an outdoor museum of them.

TS
Turoa Kiwi

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hopefully this link will work. The town of Estepona in Southern Spain encouraged wall murals and now has an outdoor museum of them.
Street art is attracting tourists all over the world. Many cities and towns recognise this and now have annual festivals where more art is being added on a regular basis and there are also plenty of street art walking tours
Wherever I travel to, I will look up street art maps and off I go for a walk and find the art by myself. Its a great way to explore

Last edited:

AtleB

Out on the slopes
Skier
I love the sentiment in these. Are they all by the same artist, or is there a cultural mind-set tieing these murals loosely together, theme-wise?
It started as a project by to nationally known street artists. From what I understand others have joined in. Apparently they've asked the owners of these abandoned buildings for permission and have been welcomed with open arms.
Once the first few pieces were ready they are getting invites from owners that have suitable locations.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
This was painted on the old (now unused) water reservoir for what is now Western Washington University in Bellingham. It's been there for years without being tagged. It's on the lower part of the Sehome Hill Arboretum that is jointly managed by the University and the City. It's a large, forested hill right in the middle of town that has a bunch of trails and an observation tower. It's right behind our house and is great for walks in the woods.
IMG_0398.JPG

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Tokyo
20210919_124431.jpg

Sponsor