• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Summer skiiing in Austria, near Graz

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So I will be in Graz for a few days, and also get to travel around as we are driving there. any summer ski resorts within 4-5 hours max?

other cool stuff you could reccomend? we also plan on bicycle & hiking some.

James

Out There
Instructor
Well they just had the Austrian Grand Prix. You can go to the track, even drive it I think if willing to pay. Apparently it’s only an hour from Graz.

TS
A

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I should note I will be there next weekend, I'll bring both my racecar as well on a trailer still trying to figure out cool carstuff happening that week, but driftGP is happening it seems and I've gotten some tickets there with my name on.

Saintsman

Getting off the lift
Skier
From Graz you can head West and reach pretty much all the glaciers inside 4-5 hours - Austria is a small country

PowHog

Getting on the lift
Skier
Graz is in the very east of Austria whereas the renown summer ski areas are in the west. Despite the distances looking short the drives take really long!

The closest area is the Mölltal Glacier in the Carinthian Alps and the only one within reasonable driving distance. Best is to check which lifts are running there before you go.
Other (and better) options if not minding the long haul are either Schnalstal Glacier, Stelvio pass in South Tyrol (Italy) or Stubai, Pitztal, Oetztal and Kaunertal north of the main alpine ridge.