• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

udailey

Browsing Garage sale and eBay
Skier
I am arriving on Fubruary 22 and leaving 27 but skiing 23-26. Will ski Copper/Cooper/Keystone/ABasin. Might drop the Cooper day for a second ABasin day. Would love to have a skiing partner for a day or two especially at Keystone where I will ski the bowl/trees and prefer, well wont ski without, a partner. I ski almost anything at Keystone. I am sure I could handle the whole resort but bumps are fun for a time, not for the entire descent, so I stay off of those runs. The second mountain and the back bowl are my favorites but I'd happily ski the blues on the first mountain. ABasin I have always skied the blues. Started a few blacks and a few double blacks last time. Had so much fun. Love the bowl. Always eat at the halfway lodge and often enjoy the bloody mary's. Might take a 2 hour lesson. Copper is not my favorite but I do have a pass so if its great snow I will give it a day.
Let me know if you'll be around and would be up for a day or just a few runs. I dont have a set schedule to its flexible.
- Uriah

Last edited:
TS
udailey

udailey

Skier
Dang. Yep I meant Feb. Is there a way to edit titles?

TS
udailey

udailey

Skier
Jim I'd love to meet you at keystone. Is there any particular day that works best for you? I've got one day left on my keystone/crested 4 day pass. I'd ski anywhere at keystone that you enjoy until maybe noon and then I'd like to head to the bowl if there is good snow. If you like skiing the bowl and it's trees we could do that too. Well we can figure all that out later. Just give me a day 23-26 and I'll meet you. Could meet at the fire pit near Starbucks or the benches near where the bridge meets the gondola.
Here's how I'll be dressed but I've shaved the beard. I'll try to remember to be in blue from head to toe so I'm easy to find. It'll be fun to meet another pugski member!
IMG_20200127_145852.jpg

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
Your jacket looks almost like mine! Columbia with same colors anyway. Never been a big fan of Keystone's bowls. Too much work for too little reward. In the Outback I normally hit things like Bushwhacker or Pika Glades. Did both this morning and both were excellent. Much prefer bowls at Copper or Breck.

I will probably go to Copper next Monday or Tuesday and other days at Keystone. Wednesday I check out of condo and will ski short day then head to Denver to see friends.

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
Looks like you timing will be good. Assume your are coming into the mountains Saturday. Weather looks good then with snow moving in late and continuing through Monday.

bamaman

Getting off the lift
Skier
I'll be at Keystone Jan 23 - 27 also. Mainly doing mornings and I'm not as advanced as you all seem to be. But I'll do some runs on blue/black groomers and some short bump runs if anyone wants a ski partner for a couple hours.

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'll be at Keystone Jan 23 - 27 also. Mainly doing mornings and I'm not as advanced as you all seem to be. But I'll do some runs on blue/black groomers and some short bump runs if anyone wants a ski partner for a couple hours.

Will send you a PM with my cell. Will be at Keystone Sunday through Tuesday.

Jim

bamaman

Getting off the lift
Skier
Well I did it. Getting off the couch this AM I wrenched my back. Had to go to clinic to get some muscle relaxers and lidocaine patches. Don't know if I'll be able to get back out Wed/Thursday.

TS
udailey

udailey

Skier
Sorry Tom. Not great news. I hope you feel well enough to ski real soon

bamaman

Getting off the lift
Skier
Back is better, but not enough for skiing. So, only time I got to ski on this trip was with you all Sunday afternoon. Met some new forum friends though, so not a complete wash. ogsmile

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sorry to hear that. But you are going to have to come up with a better story than getting off the couch.

I am sitting in DIA waiting for flight which is currently delayed. I think its winds in NY.

Jim

Sponsor