• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Sunday River home mountain?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
We now have Sunday River as a home mountain. Just wondering who else I should be looking for on the slope!

Well, I'm homeless since the demise of Saddleback. But I'll be at the River as often as I'm anywhere.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't have a pass at SR, but I do have a close friend with a ski house there. Almost as good. I would consider it my home mtn. as I ski there a lot.

I did buy an Ikon pass for next season, so I plan to make use of that.

@lisamamot welcome to the "club" and I think you will like SR. As you probably know, its a big place and you have to find "your runs" at the mtn. Once you do, I think everyone really likes the place. For me, I finally found all the glades at SR, and there are a lot, and that really did the trick for me.

I think @dbostedo got the list right. There are more on this site, but less frequent visitors.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
SR is my home mountain.

@Tony S, I didn’t realize you frequent SR that much, surprised I haven’t bumped into you yet.

I love it. Yes, the rumors are true that they groom a lot...but I like that you can always count on them for decent snow when other places are terrible conditions. As ScottB mentions everyone finds their groove, and what works best for what they want to get out of the day. For me, I’ve now considered SR my home mountain for 7 years, and each year I still find skiable areas of the mountain that I had never skied.

TS
lisamamot

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier
Thanks @dbostedo for tagging possibles and @ScottB, @Tony S and @elemmac for voicing in. We rented a place up near SR a handful of years ago so I know the mountain fairly well but still have lots to explore. Funny but I think I skied with you more @elemmac at Big Sky than at SR, right?!

Hubby and I have a couple other friends who either own or rent in the area so we are looking forward to seeing a bunch of familiar faces but also meeting new people to ski with.

This will be the first year in many that we don’t have the MaxPass/Ikon. Due to our new digs we are forgoing the travel next season and will only have SR passes. I will wistfully read all the trip reports but we are super excited to have a mountain to call home!

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Ha! I think you’re right. Our paths have crossed at SR, but not for long, we seem to always be going in opposite directions. Looking forward to more skiing with you next season!

I am so confused right now. If you were at Big Bky during the gathering this year ... I would have seen you. I think. Right? I saw lisamamot just about every day. Maybe I'm just going senile faster than I thought. Sheesh.

TS
lisamamot

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier
I am so confused right now. If you were at Big Bky during the gathering this year ... I would have seen you. I think. Right? I saw lisamamot just about every day. Maybe I'm just going senile faster than I thought. Sheesh.
Nope, it was a Big Sky Diva trip years ago - you may or may not be going senile, but not about this, lol.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Thanks @dbostedo for tagging possibles and @ScottB, @Tony S and @elemmac for voicing in. We rented a place up near SR a handful of years ago so I know the mountain fairly well but still have lots to explore. Funny but I think I skied with you more @elemmac at Big Sky than at SR, right?!

Hubby and I have a couple other friends who either own or rent in the area so we are looking forward to seeing a bunch of familiar faces but also meeting new people to ski with.

This will be the first year in many that we don’t have the MaxPass/Ikon. Due to our new digs we are forgoing the travel next season and will only have SR passes. I will wistfully read all the trip reports but we are super excited to have a mountain to call home!

Congratulations on your new home. Last November we purchased a condo at Magic Mountain and forwent out usual out west trip as a compromise. I did manage to sneak in 2 days at Copper when my SO went out to Colorado for work but not our usual week long trip. We stay close to the condo now as it's nice to have somewhere to sleep that's not a rental or a friends house. Looking forward to an out west trip next season now that we are settled. If we ever make it to SR I'd love to take a turn or two with you.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I am at SR a fair amount, but a bit sporadically. I typically have a group I ski with and you are always welcome to join us. I will PM you at the beginning of the season and we can exchange numbers. I have skinning gear, it would be nice to skin sometime with you and elemmac. I am the only one in my group with at gear

Sponsor

Staff online