• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sunglasses

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Well $30 is good... :) CDN. However, *I'M* not busted so I can afford a good pair if one is apparent..

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm loving my Goodrs . $25 usd. Polarized. Fun colors and designs. Works great for all my activities.fun times

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Well $30 is good... :) CDN. However, *I'M* not busted so I can afford a good pair if one is apparent..

Modern or retro (tiny)? 'Coz if modern, you need to match your snow goggle tan lines :D :D

<- buys his retro sunnies from the fishing store or the jobsite protection store

Novaloafah

Should've paid attention to that lesson.
Skier
Am a big fan of Ryder, you can get them at the Running Room in Canada but I usually go online where they routinely have sales. Just glanced at the outlet page and it's got some deals

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I saw a study that said that even the cheapest sunglasses give you great UV protection. It went on to say that most of what you pay for is style and hype. So I have stopped purchasing high priced sunglasses and now use sunglasses that are not over $20.00. In the past I did have high priced glasses and still have them, although I don't use them as much anymore.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Am a big fan of Ryder, you can get them at the Running Room in Canada but I usually go online where they routinely have sales. Just glanced at the outlet page and it's got some deals

Ryder, Tifosi, Goodr, Optic Nerve pretty much define the midrange offerings for us.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Since I need readers now, I have a hard time wearing polarized glasses unless I'm around water. Hard to find decent non-polarized sunglasses.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Since I need readers now, I have a hard time wearing polarized glasses unless I'm around water. Hard to find decent non-polarized sunglasses.

Cyclists want to read their comps too - and thus the mid-price cycling bifocal was born:

and even some efforts towards price point:

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
What do you consider cheap. I love blenders and they start around $49.
I picked up a pair of their ‘casual’ glasses last time I was in Encinitas. Having been a oakley/spy/smith guy forever, Im quite impressed with their quality. Id consider some Blender ‘active’ glasses for sure.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Do you get reader's that are tinted? Or are you going over the top of your reader's? Or are you switching from one to the other? BTW I tried sunglasses that were no magnification on top of the lens and at the bottom of the lens it was a 1.5 magnification it made me feel sick switching back and forth from one to the other. Now I go back and forth from plain sunglasses to clear readers. I also use the eyeglass strings to hange my reader's around my neck when not using them as well as the eyeglass strings on my sunglasses so at times I have two pairs of glasses hanging around my neck. It looks odd but I have been a square or nerd all my life why should I change now.

Sponsor

Staff online