• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sunglasses

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Foster Grants are totally hit and miss re quality. I've a cat 2 pair that have survived having a trunk lid slammed on them and attacked by enough sunscreen chemicals that the rubberized coating on the arms has blistered and peeled but they are still ticking. But a pair of another cat 2 frame cracked around the lenses first time out.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Made the mistake of wearing cheaper plastic lens shades at the ball yesterday afternoon/evening. Sitting in outfield looking due west right in to the setting sun. Thank god I had a ball cap to block the sun out.. The distortion and haze from the cheap lenses lit up from the sun was worse than just dropping the glasses and relying on the brim of the hat. A knew better, only good optical quality for anything a I really need a good view of..

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Definitely not offended by the S&W on the glasses because I use a pair of yellow lens shooting glasses made by Winchester on low light days instead of my ski goggles, and they work great.
These are great, as I have said I use them on low light days.
My wife joked about my yellow lenses that I use for driving in low visibility once. I asked her if the SUV in front of us was a Honda or a Toyota. She laughed and said "nice try". I handed her the glasses. She said "Oh! Toyota. Here, you put them back on".

Love those things. I can't rememb
PXL_20220726_154425490~4.jpg
er where I got them or what brand they are, but they are intended for cycling. That much I remember.
These are the ones I use on low light days.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Aren't the HD just a slight magnification, maybe a 1.0 like a reader?
I'm not seeing anything on the ilumen8 or Amazon referencing 1.0 Mag. The difference I'm seeing in the descriptions is that the HD lens is polarized. I need that for on the water as depth perception is much more clear when anchoring. I'll see if they are magnified when they come in. If so I'll be returning them. Thanks! :beercheer:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I'm not seeing anything on the ilumen8 or Amazon referencing 1.0 Mag. The difference I'm seeing in the descriptions is that the HD lens is polarized. I need that for on the water as depth perception is much more clear when anchoring. I'll see if they are magnified when they come in. If so I'll be returning them. Thanks! :beercheer:
Yes, Polarized are best for the water and I use polarized for my fishing glasses. As far as the HD it seems that when I tried them on things seemed larger. Some brands may be different, so how the achieve the HD is dependent on the manufacturer. Keep us posted when you get your's. Thanks

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Does this mean I need to start cycling?

No. Those are not big enough to be actual cycling sunnies. Those are cycling spectator sunnies - and you also get to scream your frustration at up to 4 Ferrari races per season.

For cycling you need something the size of the Tifosi Sledge or Rail - mirror preferred. As a bonus, you get free frustration at all the Ferrari races.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
No. Those are not big enough to be actual cycling sunnies. Those are cycling spectator sunnies - and you also get to scream your frustration at up to 4 Ferrari races per season.

For cycling you need something the size of the Tifosi Sledge or Rail - mirror preferred. As a bonus, you get free frustration at all the Ferrari races.
That's good to hear. I would hate to become a cyclist. :) I see they are a Lifestyle sunglasses. Which means, I can lose them in the water weekly then.