• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sup!

Jarngreipr

Vurt da furk!
Skier
Some people tell me I sound Canadian, which is offensive. Then I explain it's the PNW mixed with the Swedish, and they sometimes apologize. And I've now lived in Minnesota for 15 years - which somehow makes as much sense as anything else. Mountains are hills, hills are gophers, and gophers are not so good for eating. I grew up skiing Crystal Mountain, all of Steven's Pass, and the odd trip to Whistler or Baker. Somewhere along the way decided I should be a snowboarder...then decided skiing is better. Twice. After my own skiing hiatus recently ended, I put the kids (8 and 10) on skis, both long ones (XC) and short ones (alpine) and also managed to convince my wife she needs to learn so she can join us. She hates me as a coach but is athletic and pretends to make an effort, which I appreciate. I probably don't have much to contribute to the forum aside from overthinking things and buying more gear than I need - I take solace in not being alone with that.

Anyways, looking forward to participating in the conversation from time to time!

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome! Hallå But offended to sound Canadian? :huh: They're our best neighbors :ogbiggrin:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
They're our best neighbors :ogbiggrin:
Hey now... I like Mexicans too! But there isn't a lot of skiing there.

Welcome @Jarngreipr !

If you haven't found it yet, you might want to check out the upper mid-west regional thread...

And buying too much gear is definitely a forum contribution....

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, at least you have access to Cossettas and Grain Belt Premium, which is more than I have. Not even gonna bring up White Castle.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Welcome!

Well, at least you have access to Cossettas and Grain Belt Premium, which is more than I have. Not even gonna bring up White Castle.

I get the frozen WC sliders. They are great. Although I don't remember the taste from when I actually ate at a WC so I can't say how authentic to the WC restaurant they may be.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome!

Though, "Sup?" We don't say that here.

When you come back this way for a visit we can hit up Crystal or Stevens or Baker.

TS
Jarngreipr

Jarngreipr

Vurt da furk!
Skier
Cossetta's and Premium are good. Have managed to not eat any WC since I arrived in the midwest...trying to keep it that way. :P

Sponsor

Staff online