• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
@Swede made mention of this in the Kitz thread.

ALS announced that he is retiring after the FIS WC's in Are, Sweden. Those start on 2/4. He hopes to race the SG and DH, or states that publicly. I would not be surprised if we see one slow "send off run" in Norwegian costume, as have become the norm for retiring skiers.

His knee is just "shot", can't race without pain and other complications. It's time. He also has, evidently a lot of plans and interests to really dig into full time, post retirement. He's quite involved in the finance/business world. New ventures, etc. He's a very bright guy.

Sad to see it, but it's time. Could have retired a while ago. Big, tough guy. Wish him the very best.

This may be an usually big year for retirements.

TS
Muleski

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Wonder how Kjetil responds?

How so? Not sure how it affects him, other than having a teammate/close friend retiring, which happens to everybody at some point. Maybe I'm missing something? Jansrud is a few years younger, less banged up, I believe. I would bet that we'd be looking at a 2022 retirement date for him, post Olympics. In the meantime, he can become the top Viking. Be interested to hear more thoughts, though.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A friend has been invited to help him with a project in the ”afterworld”. Can’t wait to interrogate him.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Swede made mention of this in the Kitz thread.

ALS announced that he is retiring after the FIS WC's in Are, Sweden. Those start on 2/4. He hopes to race the SG and DH, or states that publicly. I would not be surprised if we see one slow "send off run" in Norwegian costume, as have become the norm for retiring skiers.

His knee is just "shot", can't race without pain and other complications. It's time. He also has, evidently a lot of plans and interests to really dig into full time, post retirement. He's quite involved in the finance/business world. New ventures, etc. He's a very bright guy.

Sad to see it, but it's time. Could have retired a while ago. Big, tough guy. Wish him the very best.

This may be an usually big year for retirements.

Aksel is a thinker — very analythical. Did a l o t of development work with HEAD that all of their speed atletes has benefited from. He’s also a super likable person. He’ll do great in the real world.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
My niece named her 2nd boy Aksel. I argued the spelling & won!

AJS
4F53216A-6CAF-4443-A411-DFB3903EBDD7.jpeg

ALS
F33496FC-8938-450A-B7DA-5B892CEE177B.jpeg

His father was also a Red Bull athlete.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Terrific story! Thanks for the link, @Teppaz

Sponsor

Staff online