• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Post your pictures here of Salomon SX boots you see in in base lodges, in shops in display and on the slopes...you know...in the wild.
0DD23296-DAEC-48DD-A300-5F00772C1CFF.jpeg

Mt. Rose-SX91 Equipe

CD818965-06BB-47C4-94ED-9C5CB05A7DD9.JPG

Salomon HQ-SX90 Equipe

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
You're just waiting for me, aren't you.

That Salomon HQ-SX90 Equipe has a vertical metal bar riveted on the other side of the boot for more stiffness.

Edit - maybe I'm wrong, and it was on this side. Maybe somebody removed it, or it was optional the second year. See the two holes below the buckle?

Last edited:

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
You missed a letter for a more interesting thread, but I'll play.
IMG_20191230_105846367_HDR.jpg
This was just the other day, I have more.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Saw one today. Would have taken pic had I known of this thread.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Several years ago I was skiing at Mad River Glenn, and there was someone in those blue and yellow "Force 9" boots, essentially an SX-93 variant.
I said "hey, nice boots" and he looked at me kind of sour, like "I've heard this too much".
So I had to pop off my ski, pull up my pants leg, and wave my foot that was wearing the same boots.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 89343
Salomon HQ-SX90 Equipe
My friend bought those the year they came out. He got rid of them when he moved, and has regretted it ever since (he now has a cast-off pair of my SX-91's).
I had the non-Equippe SX-90, which looked the same except it was gray and did not have the metal plate.
We went to Snowbird around 1983, and the cable inside my boot rusted out and snapped in the middle of S.T.H. I stuffed a couple of hankerchiefs between the boot and shell and kept skiing. That night I went to the ski shop and they couldn't fix it. (They said "maybe the salomon rep could help you". Like I had any idea how to find him.) I bought a full-retail- price pair of the red SX-91E that night (or was it the gray SX-91?) I later learned about boot dryers.

James

Out There
Instructor
You're just waiting for me, aren't you?
You have to post a photo of the archived pair in the closet. I know, you’ll have to expose them to light, but for humanity’s sake it’s worth it.
(Have you informed the Library of Congress yet that you have them?)

Got some of those red puppies in my closet. Does that count?
Yes. But it has to be a photo. mdf is using words too. They are not photos.
We went to Snowbird around 1983, and the cable inside my boot rusted out and snapped in the middle of S.T.H. I stuffed a couple of hankerchiefs between the boot and shell and kept skiing. That night I went to the ski shop and they couldn't fix it. (They said "maybe the salomon rep could help you". Like I had any idea how to find him.
Little did you know also that Dick Bass had the same boots. They’re now in the window asa display. Or were those yours??

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
You have to post a photo of the archived pair in the closet. I know, you’ll have to expose them to light, but for humanity’s sake it’s worth it.

Graveyard for SX-91 and SX-91E
(parts mailed to some needy soul on epicski)
20200105_211029.jpg

Force 9 parts donors

20200105_211427.jpg

Current pair

20200105_211243.jpg

Reserve pair

20200105_211618.jpg

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yes. But it has to be a photo. mdf is using words too. They are not photos.
Alrighty then:

IMG_3551.jpg

My second pair of boots. Oh the memories... I'll have to digress for a moment.

My first pair I bought the evening of the my first day ever on skis, on the bunny hill at Breckenridge. Until my brother invited me to join him on a long weekend in CO, I previously had never even thought about snow skiing. But I knew right away that this sport was something I wanted to get serious about. And it was March of 1984, right after the Mahre brothers created a sensation winning Gold and Silver in Sarajevo. That first pair were Nordica Poseidons, rear entry as well, IIRC. I skied the Nordicas the following season and then got these on end of season sale. They were just so COOL that I had to have them. I still remember the first turn I took in these boots- They whipped me across the fall line in a way that the Nordicas had simply not prepared me for. So I was then doubly hooked. The rest is history...

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Mt. Rose- SX93
72E8FA7D-84C8-4A84-B819-988E5EA5AE50_1_201_a.jpeg

I di see some SX90's but I couldn't get the camera out fast enough. I am sure I will see them again.