• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Frodo tells Aragorn his suspicions about Gollum, and Aragorn shows no surprise: "Ah! [...] So you know about our little footpad, do you?" (2.9.30)

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Indeed. And, two sentences later
Since we took to boats, he has been lying on a log and paddling with hands and feet.

but we are hard-pushed for matching unless we go back a page or so to Samwise's observation

What's more, it wasn't a log, for it had paddle-feet, like a swan's almost,

kind of a jam of loggy imagery, no?

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
8A87F9C6-10FC-4E89-B893-0B3103522D99.jpeg

today at Alta

James

Out There
Instructor
^ Wonder if the plastic lasted the day.
That is one ugly boot.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
I have seven days in and 2 sightings already. Some boots just won't die.
IMG_20211215_141216399.jpg

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Alright, I get to play...

20211216_195016506_iOS (2).jpg

Man was a proud, proud owner. Talked quite a bit about how everyone tries to convince him to get new boots, but "you don't fix, what ain't broke"... ;)

Roundturns

Getting off the lift
Skier
Alright, I get to play...

View attachment 151582

Man was a proud, proud owner. Talked quite a bit about how everyone tries to convince him to get new boots, but "you don't fix, what ain't broke"... ;)
You gotta love it. I had a pair of thevSX91, and from what I can remember it felt like my heel was elevated if that makes any sense, but super easy in and off.

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Salomon should really bring them back. To me the best looking and best performing were the black/white with a touch of pink and teal SX92E, not because I had them, but because I had them. .
I still have them somewhere at my parents' hone. Pretty much convinced that are not usable anymore. Last time I checked, the plastic of the spare toe and heel piece (with different degrees of "canting", to allow for some customization) had turned brittle and was "decomposing"...

Last edited:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Rose a few times ago. This guy's a regular who monoboards.
20220123_123541.jpg

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Today, in Timberline, WV...

View attachment 162836
I think those bindings are Tyrolia Clix Diagonal. I had a pair back then and IIRC, they came with a lifetime warranty. I wonder what a Tyrolia Rep would say to someone looking for a warranty claim for a broken binding component? :ogbiggrin: They're only 40ish years old.

Edit: Warranty probably requires you to prove you are the original owner. OTOH boots, skis, bindings are all era correct. Even what is showing of the skier suggests old guy is plausible.

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Edit: Warrant probably requires you to prove you are the original owner. OTOH boots, skis, bindings are all era correct. Even what is showing of the skier suggests old guy is plausible.
He said it was all his dad's equipment. He wasn't all that old.