• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wait, @mdf used to drive a drop top Rabbit? :geek:

#suuuureitsthewifescar
Later Mk1 Cabrios were a great combination, GTI drivetrain, Jetta interior, Made in Wolfsburg and of course a drop top. I wanted one to replace the Miata but now people are seeing value in them.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Later Mk1 Cabrios were a great combination, GTI drivetrain, Jetta interior, Made in Wolfsburg and of course a drop top.

They used to be regular sights around here. Between Foxhall Rd and 19th St you could spot a handful of direct-from-Germany ones any given workday rush hour. Almost exclusively driven by women between 35 and 50, working for embassies or the IMF.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It must have been retro day yesterday at Windham: TWO in one day. And, a bonus: skis to fit the boots.
1676594865303.png

1676594918100.png

1676594978123.png

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And the full-face helmet completes the look….

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Marker M31 bindings. Equivalent of putting a 9 DIN binding on a race ski today.
The Olin looks gray in color, and that would be the Mark V, it was a GS ski. They should have had a better binding for sure.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Olin looks gray in color, and that would be the Mark V, it was a GS ski. They should have had a better binding for sure.
It is a later Olin. 870 or something.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I still can’t understand Salomon’s reasoning for discontinuing this line. Because competitors made inferior
versions and gave rear entry boots a bad name? Think of it
a rear entry boot with some WC cred. Sign me up. ( plus they were just cool)

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Well, having skied I'm the SX80 and SX92R, back in the day, and then switching to the Tecnica TNT R...performancewise there was no history. Mind you, I loved the SX92s...but when I switched to the new gen four buckles, which were nothing similar to older (pre SX9* era) four buckles, day and night.
I think that that was their "side effect", they spurred research in the competition how to offer a comfier product whilst still keeping it high performing.

Sponsor

Staff online