• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
Maybe it was an option, and my ski shop figured the stiffener made sense for the equippe level and pre-configured them that way.

The first SX90s were built without the external bar but the 'cuff' was very susceptible to being cut from ski edges.

There was a retrofit of a plate covered with a kind of think black primer type paint. It wrapped slightly round the edge of the cuff. Came with 2 small self tapping screws. Seem to remember that there was a metal plate in the cuff that you drilled into.

The ver 2 was riveted onto the cuff at the factory - a plate with two slightly raised strips fore and aft.

The boot in the pic is not from the first iteration, I think it's season 2 onward tho it could be that the design changed mid season.

Ver 1 is on the left

sx90.png

Last edited:

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
Saw a gal yesterday at Mountain High rocking a red pair strapped to some yellow Rossi 7s complete with vintage bindings (as much as I could tell). Her and her man were warming up on the greens (as were I and the grom). Lost sight of them, all I could imagine was that they went home after her gear failed...

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
With the lack of colors for contrast, I can't be certain, but I think these are Solomons. It looks like it says Solomon on the right boot (looker's left) in the first photo. They look almost new, shining like they are.

IMG_20201225_083944085_crop.jpg

IMG_20201225_083926940_HDR_crop.jpg

I was trying to be subtle taking these photos as I was loading the chair.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
With the lack of colors for contrast, I can't be certain, but I think these are Solomons. It looks like it says Solomon on the right boot (looker's left) in the first photo. They look almost new, shining like they are.

View attachment 118899
View attachment 118900
I was trying to be subtle taking these photos as I was loading the chair.
Not Salomon's but Salomon bindings...along with the period Olins..the whole shabang.

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
Can't quite place them. Could be a Heierling or one of many rear entry boots of that era.

Hard to be sure. There's a red logo that looks Nordica-ish. I am 99% confident it's not a Salomon

pugski boot.png

Terrible boot with decent binding. The funny thing is that the boots look really shiny and new unlike most really old shells.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Hard to be sure. There's a red logo that looks Nordica-ish. I am 99% confident it's not a Salomon

View attachment 119691
Terrible boot with decent binding. The funny thing is that the boots look really shiny and new unlike most really old shells.
Is it possible they were new rear entries, like the Atomic Savor?

1609516004554.png

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
I also wondered if it was the person who actually bought a pair but with a bit of tinkering with the image:

pugski boot 2.png

• Logo in a different place
  • The instep& hinge setup is different
  • There seems to be a blanking plate where on a higher model there might be a presser
It looks like a museum piece.

Slemers

Getting off the lift
Skier
Why were these boots discontinued? Marketing and revenue?
One my Air Force roommates had these in the early 80's and he absolutely rocked them. I had a pair of Langes with the heavy mesh straps and I was always trying to keep up with him at Heavenly, Squaw, Kirkwood etc. Brings back nice memories from just a few years ago :) Back then we skied everything, nowadays I haven't ventured off the black Diamond groomers. But I've turned into a fair weather skier so there's that.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Bear Mt. CA Feb.4
IMG_20210204_102701235.jpg

Snow Summit CA Mar. 1.
IMG_20210301_141204772.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Royal

UTAH
Skier
sorry no pics but I saw 3 pair of SX in the ticket line at sundance yesterday.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Again from Mt. Rose where every day is Retro Day.
tempImagebQeSVt.png
tempImagepZor9o.png

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I saw SX91e last Friday @ Blue. I had a clean shot, but I couldn't get my gloves off and phone out fast enough. I'm sure there will be a next time

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Quite possibly the ultimate SX in the wild spotting. I stopped to talk to this guy and asked him permission to photograph his boots, he then showed me the left one without a toe lug, which had just fallen off.
IMG_20210317_110943383.jpg
He then modeled the right one for me, and right on cue, the toe lug crumbled onto the deck.
IMG_20210317_111006516.jpg
IMG_20210317_110956874.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online