• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

crashpants

Booting up
Skier
Ok, two complicated cases - sisters!

My girlfriend and I, along with her sister and some other family members, are heading out for some Taos days in Feb. Whether she knows it or not she's getting boots fitted when we get there. I just can't take another day of going out to the ski hill with her and having a great time while she spends the day in agony because her rental boots don't fit.

Both she and her sister have the same challenge: large calves, short legs (not related to the other thread on the subject nearby, but - we relate!).

Could anyone recommend someone in the Taos area? I've had good experiences just walking into the Boot Doctors shop on the hill, but I'd like to have someone in particular to schedule with who may have expertise with this.

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
My wife has small feet’s short legs and a large calf and she has some dalbello cabrio style boots that work well for her. I know everyone is different but I wanted to throw something out that worked for a similar situation. Of course her boots are old but maybe one of the Panterra boots might work. Definitely put her in the hands of a good bootfitter.