• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Taos Gathering 2022 Dates Poll

Which Week?

• Jan 23 - Jan 29 2022

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Jan 30 - Feb 5 2022

Votes: 23 59.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Several questions.

Well I get to make the reveal then.

Who died and left you in charge?

Tony’s having the baby

Boy, girl, other?

but we have to bear it.

Is that one of those deals where 9 women get together and have a baby in a month deal?
I know I am not equip to "bear it."

I think Paul died-

I am sure for the greater good.
The lesser good would be with EVOO, lemon and a bit of oregano.

1622828174781.png

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Several questions.

Who died and left you in charge?

Boy, girl, other?

Is that one of those deals where 9 women get together and have a baby in a month deal?
I know I am not equip to "bear it."

I am sure for the greater good.
The lesser good would be with EVOO, lemon and a bit of oregano.

View attachment 135217
:micdrop:

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I am not making sushi. Or octopus. Or octopus sushi. I am not bringing fish sauce of any variety on a plane. Just needed to get that out there now.

Okay, I confess I've never worked with octopus. Always a new horizon!

James

Out There
Instructor
I am not making sushi. Or octopus. Or octopus sushi. I am not bringing fish sauce of any variety on a plane. Just needed to get that out there now.

Okay, I confess I've never worked with octopus. Always a new horizon!
Here’s to new horizons!
I’m sure @KingGrump has plenty of fish sauce packed with the skis. No need to bring it on the plane.
Taos Ski Valley is only slightly north of Nashville, TN. So this sauce with line-caught anchovies comes from “the north”. That’s a lotta hooks. (totally made up)
9584C1FD-9186-4DBA-95BA-F12EB6423DB3.jpeg
For the octopus, a washing machine. No need to bring that on the plane either.
Can’t make this stuff up!-
——————-
...I recently read that fish mongers in Italy beat the octopus against the rocks by the sea to tenderize it before cooking it. Since we live in a downtown condo here in Toronto, beating octopus against rocks just wasn’t feasible. Instead, I double bagged the octopus and ran it through the spin cycle in my washing machine. I must say this preparation created the most tender octopus we have ever made yet...
———————-
www.italianfoodforever.com/2008/06/grilled-octopus/

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Here’s to new horizons!
I’m sure @KingGrump has plenty of fish sauce packed with the skis. No need to bring it on the plane.
Taos Ski Valley is only slightly north of Nashville, TN. So this sauce with line-caught anchovies comes from “the north”. That’s a lotta hooks. (totally made up)
View attachment 135333
For the octopus, a washing machine. No need to bring that on the plane either.
Can’t make this stuff up!-
——————-
...I recently read that fish mongers in Italy beat the octopus against the rocks by the sea to tenderize it before cooking it. Since we live in a downtown condo here in Toronto, beating octopus against rocks just wasn’t feasible. Instead, I double bagged the octopus and ran it through the spin cycle in my washing machine. I must say this preparation created the most tender octopus we have ever made yet...
———————-
www.italianfoodforever.com/2008/06/grilled-octopus/
There is a thread for “can’t make this up.”

That said, I’m thinking of trying this. Not that I’ve ever cooked octopus.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
"Instead, I double bagged the octopus and ran it through the spin cycle in my washing machine. I must say this preparation created the most tender octopus we have ever made yet..."
Yeah, that post was totally worth wading through the all the predictable squid and cuttlefish threads to get to!

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I try not to eat octopus. I think that they are smarter than humans and I want to stay on their good side.
This is why you're a vet!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Well the poll is done... with just a single vote difference out of the 45 votes made, by 39 voters.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Well the poll is done... with just a single vote difference out of the 45 votes made, by 39 voters.
Well it could be both weeks.

I refrained from voting, as I will either be instructing or taking weekly clinics through Feb 5, or both. It’s still entertaining observing this process.

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
What were you driving when you ran across your share?

You must've known me when I was younger. That was quite the rage in NYC back then. We often go around the block couple times just to get another crack at the pedestrians. They kinda frown on that nowadays. :huh:

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I like how you gave us the illusion of choice --- but "eeny meeny miney mo" will decide it:roflmao:

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I like how you gave us the illusion of choice --- but "eeny meeny miney mo" will decide it:roflmao:
Again back at the workplace. Of course there it's already decided in advance. Hmmmm.

Last edited:
TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
You must've known me when I was younger. That was quite the rage in NYC back then. We often go around the block couple times just to get another crack at the pedestrians. They kinda frown on that nowadays. :huh:
I love the fact that you drive around in a completely unassuming minivan. The FBI is never going to notice you. Do you have a macho car that you use for quick escapes in the off season?

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I love the fact that you drive around in a completely unassuming minivan. The FBI is never going to notice you. Do you have a macho car that you use for quick escapes in the off season?

As @Near Nyquist often said, "Guys buy cars as extensions to their you know what." I do not have any requirement for extensions. I am pretty comfortable with myself.
Anyway, I have a preference for Q-ships. Improve the odds right from the start and much more entertaining.

James

Out There
Instructor
This is the special coffee shop at the Taos gathering. Watch out for Viennese Cinnamon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online