• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Damn... 18" :geek: I met some folks last Friday for dinner who were coming up for ski week this week... I told them I hoped the 5-6" prediction for today turned into more.

I guess all I have to say is "you're welcome"!!! :ogbiggrin:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Damn... 18" :geek: I met some folks last Friday for dinner who were coming up for ski week this week... I told them I hoped the 5-6" prediction for today turned into more.

I guess all I have to say is "you're welcome"!!! :ogbiggrin:

So, based on exactly two data points, my new superstition is "Taos First Week in February."

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Consider this a cry from deep in the dungeon of the Pandemic.....

Is the mini Gathering always the last week of January? I was bored yesterday and for some reason I found myself checking prices for flights to Taos. They're only booking out to 1/15/22 right now but the prices are really low. I'd love to book flights if for no other reason than psychologically I really need to know I'm going back out west next year ogsmile

Stay tuned for questions about lodging, meet up times, what skis to bring and other things that should not be asked a year in advance. And you can blame @Tony S for convincing me to invade your little shindig next year.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like the last week of Jan is a good slot. That would be the week around 01/22/22 to 01/30/2022. If you like another week, I will requires additional incentives to talk to the Gathermeister about it. :ogcool:

Standard answers to the usual inane questions.
Lodging - whatever you can find and afford.
Meet up times - depends on whether you want to ski with the short, fat, old Asian dude. He sleeps in often.
Skis - FIS SL.

BTW, did @Tony S tell you that you'll have to ski with the short fat old Asian dude if you come to the gathering? :ogbiggrin:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have nothin' to do with the ski off.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Looks like the last week of Jan is a good slot. That would be the week around 01/22/22 to 01/30/2022. If you like another week, I will requires additional incentives to talk to the Gathermeister about it. :ogcool:

Meet up times - depends on whether you want to ski with the short, fat, old Asian dude. He sleeps in often.
Skis - FIS SL.

BTW, did @Tony S tell you that you'll have to ski with the short fat old Asian dude if you come to the gathering? :ogbiggrin:
That's you answer for everything. I think you just want to be entertained by the resulting carnage.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Skis - FIS SL.

He didn't so much tell me as warn me. Something about watching out if Grump decides to buckle his boots at the top of a run. That may have been some other post, though. It's all a blur

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Did he mention the ski off?

No, but I've been reading Taos threads. I'm already preparing for the humiliation.

That's you answer for everything. I think you just want to be entertained by the resulting carnage.

I chose to ignore that particular piece of advice. I think he just wants to see his natural mortal enemy (an architect) cartwheel down mogul runs.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We were just there a couple of weeks ago. They were only operating at 25% with no indoor dining/après. St. Bernard is sold. Stray Dog is out of business. The small row of shops on Thunderbird just past Cottams is no longer there. Alain and LeSki Mastery are still hanging in there. In many ways it was depressing. Things sure have changed the past 5 years. But the mountain is still the same and it’s a special place. It was nice to have the place pretty much to ourselves.

Attachments

• 20068B1C-1277-41D8-B28B-EF0FA6610164.jpeg
    20068B1C-1277-41D8-B28B-EF0FA6610164.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 13
  • EA1AD314-A98E-4EB8-9666-4E81F8384205.jpeg
    EA1AD314-A98E-4EB8-9666-4E81F8384205.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 3DC2CDE9-F8D8-4CCA-9967-5788486E1FE7.jpeg
    3DC2CDE9-F8D8-4CCA-9967-5788486E1FE7.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 14
  • B670DA2E-A237-4118-BFF0-C8F600F9F3B7.jpeg
    B670DA2E-A237-4118-BFF0-C8F600F9F3B7.jpeg
    240.2 KB · Views: 14

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
We intend to go again next year. We loved Taos and the gathering in general. We stayed at Sierra del Sol condos which was just a VERY short walk to the lifts. I know a lot of the divas like to stay at the Snakedance condos which are ski in ski out. Both have very reasonable prices for being so close to the lifts. We will probably have to bring our dogs next year so will look for a house somewhere in Arroyo Seco -the pups don’t do well with adjoining walls.

Last edited:

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Consider this a cry from deep in the dungeon of the Pandemic.....

Is the mini Gathering always the last week of January? I was bored yesterday and for some reason I found myself checking prices for flights to Taos. They're only booking out to 1/15/22 right now but the prices are really low. I'd love to book flights if for no other reason than psychologically I really need to know I'm going back out west next year ogsmile

Stay tuned for questions about lodging, meet up times, what skis to bring and other things that should not be asked a year in advance. And you can blame @Tony S for convincing me to invade your little shindig next year.

I will see you in Taos in 2022. You owe me a beer... ;)

Sponsor

Staff online