• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't see anything online for next season. The most recent one I see anything about was Feb 2-7 2020. That could translate to Jan 30 - Feb 4, or Feb 6 - 11, 2022.
I checked with the divas and they are thinking first week of February. That’s not a bad thing as a lot of us are active here as well as there. Like @TheArchitect, I want to book early. With vaccines, I think this will be a big travel year. We’d be wise to hammer down our dates early this year.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I checked with the divas and they are thinking first week of February. That’s not a bad thing as a lot of us are active here as well as there. Like @TheArchitect, I want to book early. With vaccines, I think this will be a big travel year. We’d be wise to hammer down our dates early this year.

I can't stress this enough for both Taos and Aspen. People are going to want to get the hell out of their houses and I suspect lodging and flights are going to book faster than normal.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I can't stress this enough for both Taos and Aspen. People are going to want to get the hell out of their houses and I suspect lodging and flights are going to book faster than normal.
I'm inclined to agree. That's why I set the poll to last two weeks. Meanwhile @dbostedo has extended it to June because ... cats.

[Puts on manager hat.]
@TheArchitect and @Pat AKA mustski : Since you two have a lot of energy around this, would you please take the initiative to A) Move any public discussion out of this stale thread and into a new topical one and facilitate it? B) Initiate any private conversations you might think necessary with the parties involved?

Thanks.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm inclined to agree. That's why I set the poll to last two weeks. Meanwhile @dbostedo has extended it to June because ... cats.

[Puts on manager hat.]
@TheArchitect and @Pat AKA mustski : Since you two have a lot of energy around this, would you please take the initiative to A) Move any public discussion out of this stale thread and into a new topical one and facilitate it? B) Initiate any private conversations you might think necessary with the parties involved?

Thanks.

I'm happy to be part of the discussion but for Taos I'm not the right person to facilitate. I'm 50/50 to attend Taos right now (due to work) but definitely attending Aspen. Plus, I think that @dbostedo is on top of things and I wouldn't want to step on any toes.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm happy to be part of the discussion but for Taos I'm not the right person to facilitate. I'm 50/50 to attend Taos right now (due to work) but definitely attending Aspen. Plus, I think that @dbostedo is on top of things and I wouldn't want to step on any toes.
My thought was simply that if you are really jonesing to have dates set early, you should run the campaign for that rather than hoping that Dave B. or someone else would drive it.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Meanwhile @dbostedo has extended it to June because ... cats.
Yeah, cats... but I thought two weeks was too quick for everyone who may be interested to see it and vote (and figure out which week is better for them). This is WAY, WAY early compared to other seasons, so I didn't want to short-change the poll.

I also posted it in this seasons's NM/Arizona thread, and should probably post it in the CO thread. (Off to do that now.)

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January