• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico Taos St. Bernard Hotel Sold by Mayer Family

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
That's good overall... but I always wonder how much of the operation of a place like that is owed to the owner/manager... I wonder if some things may change, and when? (Prices, quality of food, the way the dinners are setup, etc.)
Exactly my thoughts.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Nothin' wrong with the Texans. They usually hang out on the groomers. That is perfectly fine with me.
Somebody gotta pay the bills.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Well, Taos is in the Republic of Texas, so it makes sense that there would Texans there.

Texas1836map.jpg

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, Taos is in the Republic of Texas, so it makes sense that there would Texans there.

Texas1836map.jpg

That kinda explains some of the antiqued equipment and technique I see on the groomers.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Nothin' wrong with the Texans. They usually hang out on the groomers. That is perfectly fine with me.
Somebody gotta pay the bills.

That's why the locals like them. They told me that we interlopers from CO are the annoying ones, since we can actually ski the legendary terrain. ;-)

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
That's why the locals like them. They told me that we interlopers from CO are the annoying ones, since we can actually ski the legendary terrain. ;-)

Not the same way Taos skiers do. Generally with higher energy level. We have noticed the bumps are shorter since Ikon.
It's all good. Taos needs all the skiers it can get to stay alive. :beercheer:

sky_chicken

Putting on skis
Skier
Not the same way Taos skiers do. Generally with higher energy level. We have noticed the bumps are shorter since Ikon.
It's all good. Taos needs all the skiers it can get to stay alive. :beercheer:
I swear there were more groomed runs last year than there were in 2017 when I first visited Taos. It made me sad, since the quality of my bump skiing went from instant death to I-still-suck-but-that-was-fun. Something something attract more snowboarders I heard?

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I swear there were more groomed runs last year than there were in 2017 when I first visited Taos. It made me sad, since the quality of my bump skiing went from instant death to I-still-suck-but-that-was-fun. Something something attract more snowboarders I heard?

The number of groomed trails have been pretty consistent over the years. Haven't seen any new groomed trails in the last 10/15 years.
Can you name one off the top of your head?

sky_chicken

Putting on skis
Skier
The number of groomed trails have been pretty consistent over the years. Haven't seen any new groomed trails in the last 10/15 years.
Can you name one off the top of your head?
No, maybe it was just that since the first time I was trying to avoid them and the second time I was trying to find them that my focus changed. I trust your assessment of the number of groomed trails.

Gotta get my wife on more bumps so she can be as excited about doing a ski-week as I am.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Gotta get my wife on more bumps so she can be as excited about doing a ski-week as I am.
I hope that works out the way you intend. :beercheer: (The 34,792 husbands who have tried it so far have reported mixed results. Some now find themselves no longer married.)

With any luck she'll decide to take the ski week and the instructor will introduce bumps in a way that makes her want to include them on the menu when free skiing with you.

sky_chicken

Putting on skis
Skier
With any luck she'll decide to take the ski week and the instructor will introduce bumps in a way that makes her want to include them on the menu when free skiing with you.
I thought there was success but on the 4th day after our separate ski week classes I made the mistake of taking her to Chicken Blitz. She survived, but I was not sure we were going to survive.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dave Petersen
    Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid