• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

TDF 2021: when pigs fly

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
He was unhappy with something his mechanic did or did not do to his bike..

It's even funnier when we remember how fussy Mercx was. Tape measure pedantry at 6:09. Tape measure is not good enough - at 16min:

Of course, Eddy would have punched the guy with the camera.

Last edited:

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Eh, maybe.

I can also see it working the other way: he acts out because he is overwhelmed with external stressors, which would be much more manageable in private - i.e. a super nice guy one on one.
Yeah..I dunno..that's just an excuse I think for people with wealth, power and privilege. If I did this at work I'd be fired on the spot. I just ain't worth keeping around if I start being belligerent. No wealth, power or privilege for me! :ogbiggrin:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If I did this at work I'd be fired on the spot. I just ain't worth keeping around if I start being belligerent.

Same -- well, I'd have to fire myself.....

I'm giving him a pass on that. Unbelievable stress going for the record, over 100 requests per day for press interviews, yadda yadda, he finally snapped at a very unfortunate moment.

A friend said Cav was super-gracious about not breaking the record, but I missed that. In fact, the Tour became such a foregone conclusion, I lost interest.

Hoping for a more tightly-contested Giro!

Sponsor