• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

TDF Femmes

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I will NOT stoop to using the atrociously clumsy formal name for this event.

Watching stage 4 tonight, very belatedly as usual. Was interested to see a few riders on one of the really steep pitches come nearly to a complete stop. This is something that happens to me on occasion, but I never see it televised in the men's event. Maybe it's an ego clause in their contracts.

Meanwhile Stage Three was very exciting, I thought, especially for Champagne lover!

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Watching stage 4 tonight, very belatedly as usual. Was interested to see a few riders on one of the really steep pitches come nearly to a complete stop. This is something that happens to me on occasion, but I never see it televised in the men's event. Maybe it's an ego clause in their contracts.

Meanwhile Stage Three was very exciting, I thought, especially for Champagne lover!
I opened this worried it would be a spoiler, but was unable to resist reading your post (looking for some humor). So I’m glad you’re also delayed in your viewing. I just finished watching Stage 5. I’m struck by the lack of climbing stages. The femmes’ climbs seem very short (and maybe steeper). I didn’t notice anyone coming to a stop on a climb, but I watch a bit distractedly. I think (hope) Stages 6 and 7 are in real mountains.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Tough race. :hail: Those climbs are unbelievable and TV just doesn't do it justice.

I'm trying to decide what I think about 8 of these stages compared to the 18 shorter ones back in the 80s.

FWIW I'm using LTF to refer to this event. Because...even the website does.

Last edited: