• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Team Sky is ending?

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
At the end of 2019, Sky will no longer sponsor their road race team according to Cycling News. Froome, Thomas, Brailsford and the rest of the high priced talent - what will they do?

Perhaps a new sponsor? Interesting development.

Eric

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I remember that being discussed during the lat TDF, the costs are just getting too high. I'm sure someone else will pick the team up but Who?

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Perhaps a new sponsor? Interesting development.

Eric
I don't think anyone can come up with the money they were spending. I could be wrong..dunno. But I doubt it. So they will probably be greatly weakened regardless. I suppose we should watch how many Sky team members run for the exits in the next 6 months...

TS
Eleeski

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Sky will all race to win this year, including Froome and Thomas. They will need to make the team attractive to a new sponsor to preserve their lucrative contracts. At worst, good results improve their transfer options. 2019 might be an unusually good year for Sky.

2020 is when the drama will unfold.

Eric

TS
Eleeski

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Tinkoff, BMC and now Sky are gone. Great teams that were fun and successful. And controversial? Interesting times ahead. The racing might be overshadowed by the back room dealing.

Will Lotto now dominate? People will always gamble so Lotto should be secure.

Eric

TS
Eleeski

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
To nobody's surprise..Team Sky doctor, mystery jiffy-bag guy, facing a charge he ordered testosterone for an athlete in competition...
https://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/46870091

So all you have to do to destroy a team doctor is to ship some common, legal but not WADA approved drug to him without him ordering it? That's his claim. (http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tri...ons-freeman-lied-about-testosterone-delivery/) As of now, it's just an investigation, not a conviction. Besides, he's no longer a part of Sky (conspiracy theory plan worked?). It's a little early to jump to conclusions.

Eric

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
So does this mean they will have even deeper pockets...more domination.

A good win for Sky in Paris-Nice. Some really good racing after the peloton got blown apart in the early stages.

Last edited: