• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Team USA mogul skier knocked unconscious during World Cup Event

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Wow, that is scary to watch... Glad to see that he's going to be ok.

I was surprised to see actually that in the time between him getting hurt and him sliding across the finish line that the medical personnel weren't already gathered there to provide treatment, evacuation, etc... help.

The video primarily shows the crowds reaction so I'm not sure how long it really took for the medical staff to arrive on scene... it probably wasn't very long.

Edit: I guess it was really only about 10, 12 seconds of video from the accident to the finish line... that would have been a remarkably fast response time. Seemed longer when I first watched. Ugh.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Apparently happened yesterday, not sure if it's been posted elsewhere.

Whoa!
We are usually at this even, but its usually mid February. Earlier this year as an Olympic Qualifier.
Its crazy how fast they're going.
Really hard to watch him slide down the remainder of the course like that. :(

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
His knees buckled hitting the 2nd air feature. The way the back of his his head bounced off the lip he was likely out before he even came back down to the ground. Glad he's OK now

James

Out There
Instructor
Never know what the lingering effects will be.

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
OUCH!! Glad he's better than he might have been (I hesitate to say "glad he's okay"). He's done for the season, though.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
OUCH!! Glad he's better than he might have been (I hesitate to say "glad he's okay"). He's done for the season, though.
Agreed, but likely not unscathed before that. No doubt he's taken several similar slams throughout his career, especially in training. Just not gone viral. Athletes take those risks for their passion and our entertainment. I'm ready for that to change, but I will miss it.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
That type of impact on a water ramp is a coach's and training staff's worst nightmare. Even back in 1981 at the lake the coaches told us about that scenario of hitting the back of your head off the ramp and rag dolling in to the lake. It definitely got us to wear helmets and life vests. .. and stopping before you're too worn out to hit it full strength..

Sponsor

Staff online