• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
That training run is at Coronet Peak in the South Island, NZ. I was at Roundhill a couple of years ago and saw this guy doing a really rutted slalom training run...I'm thinking, "he's not bad"....then "sh*t, he's elite".....then when he did a simulated race finish pumping his fists etc I thought "F@#* that's Ted Ligety!!". In fact I was going a bit nuts on the chair. So spent the rest of the morning watching him and the others ripping their training. Incredible. Fell in love with his skiing - so fluid. Most of the people at Roundhill were oblivious to who he was.

+1 too for Franz Klammer.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I threw it out there as he has made the comment that he will not be doing this at age 30, as Primoz notes, more than once. I've seen it in print a few times. He turns 29 in March. He's been doing it a long time. I guess my point is that we should enjoy watching him while we can as you just never know.

Some do just say, "I've had enough." Have no clue when that will be for him. He goes at it hard! And he has made so much money that he likely is not hanging on for another payday.

Hope he's fit and on top of his game very soon. I hope the exact same for Ted. Healthy and fast. And enjoying it. I think either could pull the plug fairly soon.
There's been a good deal of buzz about TL here in PC. Not surprising given he was raised here, family still around. You see him in some of the local spots when he's in town. There aren't that many permanent residents in PC.

He started getting notice last spring on the fall line runs at Deer Valley. Usually USST members train at PCMR on dedicated runs. Then after DV closed they kept a lift going for a couple of weeks so he could train. The talk is he's physically sound for the first time since he was at the top and highly energized to return there.

It was pretty cool watching him free ski from the lift. Never did find him on the slopes.

Last edited:

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Whenever I see a video like that of TL it reminds me to ski exactly like that (or at least to that of my ability). Even if I only get close to a 100th of that, it makes me better than most.

These videos are what drives me to ski at my best to get there (though likely never will get close).

This years goal to get to a 99th of that.

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
It would be a really wonderful video series to be able to watch a top WC skier transition into free skiing. That's something I'd pay $$$$ for.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
You can watch Ted learning it in WME's Flow State.

Sponsor

Staff online