• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tell me about this bike...?

TS
D

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
Hmmmm.....
Looks pretty close.
Water bottle mounts are different.
So is the seatpost clamp.
What happens in China stays in China.
MY21RevoltADV-FFB_ColorBCarbon.jpg

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmmmm.....
Looks pretty close.
Water bottle mounts are different.
So is the seatpost clamp.
What happens in China stays in China.
View attachment 144397
Nope.

To my eye your headtube - downtube junction is klunky but the RR dropout on your bike is slick. Did a Google "lens" search but no obvious hits. :huh:

TS
D

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
Hmm WS...Women's Specific frame?
Or something translated from Chinese....
I really appreciate all the feedback, it's quite impressive detective work.
The cost for the tooling to build something like this is big.
One thing that happens in China is that old toolsets for discontinued foreign models get a new life just down the road.
It could be a design that is no longer produced for whoever paid for the tooling.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sounds like he may keep it. Probably ok the way it is! :) Flipping the stem means removing the handlebar plate, loosening the stem clamp bolts lifting the stem up, turning it 180 degrees about its longitudinal axis, and reinstalling. It's a 7 or 10 degree rise right now, and if you flip it it will be a 7 or 10 degree negative rise stem. Makes it a more abgressive position.

Now THAT was thorough…:ogbiggrin::ogbiggrin:

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
I'd ride the hell out of that bike - unless you have aspirations of a competitive nature it would be just fine for a local club ride or however you want to roll. I also think you could sell it for 2k if you'd rather convert your good fortune into ski equipment. A few years ago mid-range bikes all came with Ultegra, now they've dropped down to Shimano 105 group sets to meet the price point. Ultegra disk brake group sets are rock solid.

backdoor

Getting on the lift
Skier
It's a solid bike. Before deciding to keep it I would make sure the frame fits you.

Easiest way to figure this out is to use a bike calculator like what you find here. Get close without going over. If you have to, go down a size from the CC bike calc not up.

If the frame fits you then dial in your seat and stem and you got a solid bike to ride around. Bling it out with some color. Handlebar tape, bottle cages or keep it all black. And then ride the crap out of it.

If the frame doesn't fit, you have 2 choices. If you are mechanically minded and like to tool on things and have the cash to buy some specialty tools you can strip the bike down and buy a new frame and move all the parts over and hawk the old frame on ebay.

The other choice is to sell it as is and put the money toward a new bike. I think you would be lucky to get 2k for this bike as it is. You could probably get 1500 for it. But if you want to sell it lightning fast 1000 - 1200 is a sure bet. (You could get more money parting it out but that takes forever and is a bit of work)

3rd choice is to pay someone to move all the parts over for you but the cost for that doesn't make sense as after all the work is done and parts are bought it would be the cost of a new bike.

You won't find a brand new bike with a carbon frame and ultegra mechanical for less than 2k new and that would be last years model on a slightly off brand name on a black Friday deal. But you can buy a gravel bike or mountain bike or whatever your heart desires. Just make sure you get the right frame size. Even if it's a steal of a deal on your dream bike the wrong sized frame will negate all the joys of bike riding.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If not, and before you do, maybe give that seat post a 180 degree spin, remove the saddle, then turn that 180 degrees and remount it.

Long way of saying the seatpost is backwards.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Holy f*ck...was too busy looking at the frame to actually notice that.

Sponsor

Staff online