• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
My current pic is one of the epic photos at Breck. My older avatar is a pic my son took of me at Breck - I've always been a Rat Fink fan.
IMG_3675.JPG

So if you ever see a 6'3" dude wearing Rat Fink walking the streets of Breck, Vail or Aspen it is most likely me. :P

John O

Getting off the lift
Skier
Me skiing some low angle temp-affected snow with Big Red Cats. Skiing was so-so but had fun anyway (we'd already rain-checked once the previous year and the conditions on the second try were skiable at least... we decided to roll with it). I don't have many pictures of me skiing because my friends that I typically ski with, we just don't bother to stop and take pics often. So it was pretty cool to get a ton of photos of me from this trip.

8Fi4Lkd.jpg

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
I was in you're living room for the launch party and you were rushing me to create an account. This was maybe 3 days after driving back from NH. I was tired and really wanted to just start drinking so I grabbed literally the very last picture of me on my phone, taken a couple weeks earlier riding Pine Hill Park in Rutland Vermont. I half assed my entire account on my phone in record time and proceeded to drink unreasonable amounts of alcohol as I recall.

Jellybeans1000

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
20160713_161021.jpg

This is my avatar and it was taken last year on July the 13th at Mt Buller.
30cm+ snow fell overnight at Buller, probably my best day of the season.
The road was covered in snow, so you could ski it (you can't normally do that, as they clear it). Lots of terrain opened that day and the next day too. Pretty amazing powder was found in the bushes too! :D

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
My son Kevin and I were skiing at Snowbird. The snow was a bit sun-affected, and two guys below us were having a lot of trouble. One of them fell a couple times, difficulties getting skis back on, etc. Kevin took a photo of me skiing past them and posted it on Epic with the caption "Dad showing how it's done."

He followed that with another, my avatar photo, with the caption
"Or maybe just showing off."

Busted! I was showing off.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
At Taos, the first day ever that run was open, according to my instructor. He was testing me, as I'd said I would,pretty much follow an instructor anywhere, except trees, which would make me think long and hard about my choices. Pretty sure it's my first deliberate tree run ever, and definitely the first black one.

He really, really wanted to do that run. I survived it.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Me at Grand Targee enjoying a powder day at the 2015 Jackson Hole/Targee Gathering.

Photo credit: Tseeb.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I like how many of you are posting the photo in its larger version in the post. I can imagine that some day this thread will seem odd if/when posters here change their avatar.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I like how many of you are posting the photo in its larger version in the post. I can imagine that some day this thread will seem odd if/when posters here change their avatar.

I see what you mean.

Me at Targee:
76.jpg

Fathead poster, Mikaela Shiffrin on my living room wall, ski boot lamp to ski racers left:
76.jpg

JFB

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Mine was shot by markjs at a Telemark Tips eastside (Sierra) spring gathering in the backcountry at Tobacco Flats near Mammoth about 10 yrs ago. I laughed out loud when I first saw it and the humor holds up pretty well. I had lost track of markjs since the demise of TTips but recently had a PM from him here saying "Hey! - I shot that". Thanks to Pugski for the excellent community service.

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Current is from a day at Deer Valley a few years back. I skipped a family member marriage ceremony in what seemed at the time like a principled silent protest and scheduled a guy's ski trip to Utah instead. I recall après at the St Regis for fondue and cocktails that day being quite good. It just so happens that it's one of the few pictures I have of me on a slope because I'm usually behind the camera if at all.

Prior to that, I had a picture of my big green eggs and separate basque grill in some tables I built for the outdoor kitchen/BBQ set up.

Crudmaster

tinyurl.com/pungjgt
Skier
Since the avatar always displays small, one can get away with a low-rez shot, such as mine. It's a frame-grab from a video. One can always catch a still frame of the best moment when shooting video.

050423 PCH ski carve thumb.jpg

fullStack

Getting on the lift
Skier
My avatar is a representative sample of my typical mid-crash scenario. (No actual pictures of me skiing exist; it was just found via Google).

If I conjure up an animated GIF of my dumbest crash, I would definitely use that instead...imagine some idiot hanging upside down in a snow covered fir tree, suspended by his one remaining ski, and frantically pawing the snow away from his nose and mouth as it cascades down from the still shaking limbs above.

Sponsor

Staff online